Replacing Memory in CF29

This forum is dedicated to the general computer related issues we all come across on a daily basis, such as e-mail/Internet/Operating System/virus/spyware, etc questions & problems.

As we are primarily a radio discussion group, your mileage may vary on the responses.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

giguchan
1 Warning for RSS/CPS Wanted/For Sale/Links
What radios do you own?: CDM 1550's UHF/VHF HT1550'S

Replacing Memory in CF29

Post by giguchan »

I think I have to order it right from Pano. Any one ever done that before? I tried to go around them by buying it from Micro Center... and it physically does not fit properly...Just a shade off on size...

Just curious..
Thanks
Radios by Fisher-Price? Never!!!
I use /\/\otorola!!
Cheers
73, de'N2GIG
Jim202

Re: Replacing Memory in CF29

Post by Jim202 »

There are a number of different memory sizes that were used in the CF-29 computer models.

You need to get the full model number and do a search on the Internet. You should come up with the correct memory type that will fit your specific computer. The more recent CF29 computers seem to have an additional USB connector in the rear.

I found the same thing as I have 3 CF-29 computers. Blew my mind as the difference with the memory boards is just so small. You almost can't tell the difference without trying the memory boards in the computer your trying to work with.

Jim
giguchan

Post by giguchan »

Hey Jim,
I have 2 of the units and both of them are different. the place where I bought the first one sold me some extra memory the 2nd unit was given to me- minus the memory. so that is where I sit currently..
I use /\/\otorola!!
Cheers
73, de'N2GIG
Jim202

Post by Jim202 »

giguchan wrote:Hey Jim,
I have 2 of the units and both of them are different. the place where I bought the first one sold me some extra memory the 2nd unit was given to me- minus the memory. so that is where I sit currently..

Have you done the search on the internet yet using the model number? I can't even point you in the right direction without the model number. Turn the computer over and get it off the tag that is there on the bottom.

Jim
Jim202

Post by Jim202 »

giguchan wrote:Hey Jim,

Have you done the search on the internet yet using the model number? I can't even point you in the right direction without the model number. Turn the computer over and get it off the tag that is there on the bottom.

You should see a number like "CF-29CTPGZKM" with a bar code under it. That is the number you need to use to locate the memory that will fit your computer. It is also the model number you will need to try and obtain all the software drivers you need for the computer.

Windows XP may no longer be supported, but the security updates still come out each Wednesday.

Jim
giguchan

Post by giguchan »

Hey Jim,
I did look online but I figured that it might be best to go with the Memory FROM Panasonic- yes it's more money but at least this way I know it's the right stick and everything should work properly. Gave them the full model number it came right up and I'm off to the races...
I do have a choice though... my 2nd machine originally came with win 2k. The previous owner installed XP on it. I want W7 but I think I am pushing my luck... I only use it for Programming Moto's any how.. this will be a back up. to my other cf29 which is actually a newer vintage unit. I also ordered the system disks from Pano as well... might as well do everything properly... this way there wont be any surprises. when I call upon it to work for me it will.
Thanks for your help!

P.S..... i'll PM you the model numbers just incase you are interested...
I use /\/\otorola!!
Cheers
73, de'N2GIG

Return to “Computer/Technical Assistance”