AVG, adware, Trbo CPS

This forum is dedicated to the general computer related issues we all come across on a daily basis, such as e-mail/Internet/Operating System/virus/spyware, etc questions & problems.

As we are primarily a radio discussion group, your mileage may vary on the responses.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

arlojanis

AVG, adware, Trbo CPS

Post by arlojanis »

I was running Trbo CPS 11.0 on my win 7 home edition and AVG said I had adware generic 6. BASW and .BAPT and they needed to be removed. I clicked OK and AVG said something about something on C: needed to be removed. I clicked OK. CPS crashed. I tried to download new CPS and I now have no internet access. I removed all Trbo programs and did a new install of CPS from Motorola DVD. CPS will not open and I get CPS error # 1646. Trbo tuner appears to be OK. RDAC will not open. I still can not access internet. What can I do next.
"The world runs on radio."
wavetar
Administrator

Re: AVG, adware, Trbo CPS

Post by wavetar »

I would try doing a system restore from before the AVG did it's thing.
No trees were harmed in the posting of this message...however an extraordinarily large number of electrons were horribly inconvenienced.

Welcome to the /\/\achine.
arlojanis

Post by arlojanis »

I have no backup device. How is a restore done?
"The world runs on radio."
Bill_G

Post by Bill_G »

If you had system restore running on Win7, then just follow the instructions. Go to the desktop, press F1, search for system restore.
tuckerm

Post by tuckerm »

First, don't use AVG. They haven't been good in quite some time. Uninstall AVG and I bet your internet comes back.
Schrodinger's Radio: It is simultaneously too loud and too quiet, but you will never know which until someone transmits.

Return to “Computer/Technical Assistance”