Pano ToughBook cf-28/29 reputable dealings?

This forum is dedicated to the general computer related issues we all come across on a daily basis, such as e-mail/Internet/Operating System/virus/spyware, etc questions & problems.

As we are primarily a radio discussion group, your mileage may vary on the responses.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

giguchan
1 Warning for RSS/CPS Wanted/For Sale/Links
What radios do you own?: CDM 1550's UHF/VHF HT1550'S

Pano ToughBook cf-28/29 reputable dealings?

Post by giguchan »

Hey all,
i'm Looking to get a new LT for programing. i have it narrowed down to the above mentioned models.. Does anyone have a dealer or know of someone who has a good rep and who is honest? I see a load of these on Greed Bay. I would like to buy From a dealer that i can trust..or know of someone who i should stay away from. I got burned once before but it was for only a$20 so it was not that big of a hit- just a learning experience really..I know about options and all that i'm just looking for someone whom i can deal with..
thanks Gig
Radios by Fisher-Price? Never!!!
I use /\/\otorola!!
Cheers
73, de'N2GIG
spectragod
What radios do you own?: FPP 6 meter XTL 5K's

Re: Pano ToughBook cf-28/29 reputable dealings?

Post by spectragod »

giguchan wrote:Hey all,
i'm Looking to get a new LT for programing. i have it narrowed down to the above mentioned models.. Does anyone have a dealer or know of someone who has a good rep and who is honest? I see a load of these on Greed Bay. I would like to buy From a dealer that i can trust..or know of someone who i should stay away from. I got burned once before but it was for only a$20 so it was not that big of a hit- just a learning experience really..I know about options and all that i'm just looking for someone whom i can deal with..
thanks Gig
Ebay seller "Texas Ray", highly trusted, he has helped me out tremendously in the past, 3 thumbs up.

His equipment is usually not the cheapest, but it as well as he, is reliable.

SG
Kilgore: Smell that? You smell that?
Lance: What?
Kilgore: Napalm, son. Nothing in the world smells like that.
Kilgore: I love the smell of napalm in the morning. You know, one time we had a hill bombed, for 12 hours. When it was all over, I walked up. We didn't find one of 'em, not one stinkin' dink body. The smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole hill. Smelled like... victory. Someday this war's gonna end...

Post by giguchan »

Thank you very much and thanks for the Reply! I'll go look him up and see... well in dealing with these LT's nothing is cheap as with EVERY other hobby i have. why should this be any different?
thanks again.
I use /\/\otorola!!
Cheers
73, de'N2GIG
Jim1348

Post by Jim1348 »

I had a CF-28 for three years and I just got a CF-29 a few weeks ago. You may want to subscribe to the Toughbooks group on YahooGroups and post that question there as well. Occisionally there are Toughbooks for sale on there.
giguchan

Post by giguchan »

Wow... you guys are mind readers...
I already did. I'm looking around for a ,odel now i think i might go ahead and find a cf-29 just hafta find one configured the way i like it.
thanks for the tip!
I use /\/\otorola!!
Cheers
73, de'N2GIG
USPSS

Post by USPSS »

I just got a CF-30 from Gramount in Milwaukee. It was about 400 off list price.
This machine blows the CF-29 out of the water, better keyboard, screen is superb (1000 nits) in the sun. It has touchscreen standard, as well as most of the optional goodies of the CF-29 as standard items. It cost much less than the CF-29 I bought 2 yrs ago and what they are still charging for them.

Stan
Stan Glass

Government & Entertainment Division Manager (Kenwood)
spectragod
What radios do you own?: FPP 6 meter XTL 5K's

Post by spectragod »

The new emmissive backlit keyboard for the 30 is the bomb, I put one on my 29, beats the old hard rubber unit by miles.

The 1K NIT screen is killer, best price I have found a 30 for is $3115, not ready to jump on the bandwagon @ that price.

But...... if I were to sell my 29, it would probably work out, 3K is a ton to drop on a laptop before Dayton..... for me at least.

SG
Kilgore: Smell that? You smell that?
Lance: What?
Kilgore: Napalm, son. Nothing in the world smells like that.
Kilgore: I love the smell of napalm in the morning. You know, one time we had a hill bombed, for 12 hours. When it was all over, I walked up. We didn't find one of 'em, not one stinkin' dink body. The smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole hill. Smelled like... victory. Someday this war's gonna end...

Post by giguchan »

Thanks for the tip.
Wow! that is a boat load.I knew what i was getting myself into before i started looking at these crazy LT'S.We all use Moto gear right?(cept you Kenwood/icom guys) so Naturally you need a LT that will do the job in the field or anywhere.. So this is what i have become to understand.I dont need a touchscreen(but it would be nice, i think)unLESS, I can find a 30 for a real bargain(remember you get what you pay for) it'll be a 28 or 29 leaning toward 29.
thanks for the replies!
I use /\/\otorola!!
Cheers
73, de'N2GIG
Hightower

Post by Hightower »

Got my CF-29 from Ebay seller: recompc

This guy is in Milwaukee. Fast shipper, laptop was new as described.

Really like the CF-29 - never has given me any problems in over 1 year... and it has a REAL serial port.
giguchan

Post by giguchan »

Hello,
thanks for the reply.... I'm new to this kind of LT it would seem that there are plenty of different ways to configure them. not like your typical LT... some things are standard and some things are options.... drivers for certain things and some for not... I joined a yahoo group... these guys are very into these.. machines...
Thanks.
I use /\/\otorola!!
Cheers
73, de'N2GIG

Return to “Computer/Technical Assistance”