ISA Adapter question

This forum is dedicated to the general computer related issues we all come across on a daily basis, such as e-mail/Internet/Operating System/virus/spyware, etc questions & problems.

As we are primarily a radio discussion group, your mileage may vary on the responses.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

jrm5265
Batboard $upporter

ISA Adapter question

Post by jrm5265 »

I have about 20 new in box ISA Adapter (ISAPC-00) I think theyr by WaveLan
what do these do and are they of any value I would like to sell them.

Thanks
Joe
JAYMZ
What radios do you own?: Radar Range

Re: ISA Adapter question

Post by JAYMZ »

Are these ISA wireless cards?

And besides maybe a specialized application, do computers ever come with ISA slots anymore? I figured they would be all sorts of obsolete now.
JAYMZ

"Mom and dad say I should make my life an example of the principles I believe in. But every time I do, they tell me to stop it."
Calvin
motorola_otaku

Post by motorola_otaku »

I found an eBay auction that led me to believe that they're made by Lucent and are actually ISA-PCMCIA adapters, but that may not be 100% accurate. Searching on Lucent's site turns up nothing. Either way, throw 'em up on eBay for 99 cents apiece with no reserve and see where they go.
jrm5265
Batboard $upporter

Post by jrm5265 »

They sold all to same person............hopefully not being used to build warhead for N. Korean rockets/ Thanks
kc7gr
What radios do you own?: Motorola, Icom, Sunair (HF).

Post by kc7gr »

Just for reference -- WaveLAN was a manufacturer of network cards. Without seeing the connectors that were on the cards you have, I can only speculate as to what they were. I can tell you that both early Ethernet and Novell used coaxial cable with BNC's.

Keep the peace(es).
Bruce Lane, KC7GR
"Raf tras spintern. Raf tras spoit."

Return to “Computer/Technical Assistance”