EX600XLS MDC Encode Issue

This forum is for discussions regarding all aspects of Motorola radio programming, including hardware, computers, installation and use of RSS/CPS, firmware upgrades, and troubleshooting. There are subforums for discussions of codeplugs, and also for software/firmware release notes and issues.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

jchabalie
New User
What radios do you own?: CDM1250, HT1250's

EX600XLS MDC Encode Issue

Post by jchabalie »

A friend of mine came to me today with a question. He programmed a group of these portables for a local police department with the MDC set to pre (per the County requirement). The MDC data is transmitted and recieved well, however, the data is sent twice, back to back. This is causing parts of the transmissions to be cut off. I haven't come across this before. He hasn't had a chance to send me the code plug for me to look at, but I just wanted to get a jump start on where to start looking. Anyone have any ideas?
Hardwire001
What radios do you own?: Too Many to list

Re: EX600XLS MDC Encode Issue

Post by Hardwire001 »

Is this happening with 'all' radios or just one or two of them?
jchabalie
New User
What radios do you own?: CDM1250, HT1250's

Post by jchabalie »

It was all of them in their fleet. I have since looked at the plug and the only thing that I can see that I would guess is causing the problem is the "repeater access" is set to auto instead of none. Could that be causing the problem?
Hardwire001
What radios do you own?: Too Many to list

Post by Hardwire001 »

Yes, if Repeater access is set you will get the RAC (repeater access code) data sent and then the MDC ID, they are using a PL on the repeater? if so then you dont need to have the RAC enabled

Return to “Radio Programming”