CDM accessory PL disable

This forum is for discussions regarding all aspects of Motorola radio programming, including hardware, computers, installation and use of RSS/CPS, firmware upgrades, and troubleshooting. There are subforums for discussions of codeplugs, and also for software/firmware release notes and issues.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

jorenwendschuh
New User

CDM accessory PL disable

Post by jorenwendschuh »

Looking to be able to disable the TX PL or DPL on a CDM from an external accessory, while still keyed up (PL for voice, CSQ for CWID). How can this be done?

Thanks!
Al

Re: CDM accessory PL disable

Post by Al »

One way would be to program accessory pins 3,6,8,12, or 14 for Tx PL disable and the appropriate logic state. If you have a "CWID active" logic signal from your ID generator, that could be used to drive the accessory pin to the correct logic level to disable PL on ID. I'm not sure that the method that I've described will work with tx keyed...you would have to try it to see.
escomm
Queue Moderator

Post by escomm »

I don't think the radio is capable of stripping PL mid transmission. So it seems you would need an external encoder and have the PL killed on the encoder, keeping the transmitter running in CSQ mode, if I am reading the OP correctly
Bill_G

Post by Bill_G »

There is no option to externally disable xmit PL, but you can changes modes.
MassFD
Batboard $upporter

Post by MassFD »

There is a TX PL Inhibit function avaiable as an input for the accessory pins but as I remember it it cannot disable or re-enable PL while the Xmiter is already keyed. The radio only checks the status of this pin before it keys up.
Cause Motorola said so that's why
jorenwendschuh
New User

Post by jorenwendschuh »

There is a CWID 'active' signal provided by the ID generator.

So - if it does not strip or re-enable during transmit, if say I used the TX PL inhibit function - 'most' ID's would be not post transmission, they would fall within the timer window (outside of the probable TX window), and would be transmitted CSQ - with the only ones transmitted with PL would be those falling right on the end of a transmission. For basic use that sounds reasonable to me. I'll see about programming that and see if it works for what is desired! Thanks!

Return to “Radio Programming”