APX7000 01/A2 error

This forum is for discussions regarding all aspects of Motorola radio programming, including hardware, computers, installation and use of RSS/CPS, firmware upgrades, and troubleshooting. There are subforums for discussions of codeplugs, and also for software/firmware release notes and issues.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

SSE5000ASTRO

APX7000 01/A2 error

Post by SSE5000ASTRO »

Hi,all

a APX7000 ,when power on ,always display:01/a2 error, but you can read and write it , what's wrong ?
How to recover it ?any idea?
jmr061
was KB9KST

Re: APX7000 01/A2 error

Post by jmr061 »

01/A2 - Tuning Codeplug Checksum Fatal Error - Send radio to depot

Above is from the service manual.

Jason
SSE5000ASTRO

Post by SSE5000ASTRO »

KB9KST wrote:01/A2 - Tuning Codeplug Checksum Fatal Error - Send radio to depot

Above is from the service manual.

Jason

yes ,I find it too, only send to depot? I can do nothing?
CTAMontrose
was grem467

Post by CTAMontrose »

Nope.. there are no customer accessable tools to fix this error.
The Pager Geek
What radios do you own?: Disney FRS

Post by The Pager Geek »

One thing you could try is to go through the tuning of the radio, and save every value again. Hopefully try to re-write the checksum with a saved value. You'll have to try all of them though...

Just a shot in the dark,
tpg
Experienced Provider of Useless Information
spectragod
What radios do you own?: FPP 6 meter XTL 5K's

Post by spectragod »

I have the ability to tune that radio, if that will help.
Kilgore: Smell that? You smell that?
Lance: What?
Kilgore: Napalm, son. Nothing in the world smells like that.
Kilgore: I love the smell of napalm in the morning. You know, one time we had a hill bombed, for 12 hours. When it was all over, I walked up. We didn't find one of 'em, not one stinkin' dink body. The smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole hill. Smelled like... victory. Someday this war's gonna end...

Post by SSE5000ASTRO »

The Pager Geek wrote:One thing you could try is to go through the tuning of the radio, and save every value again. Hopefully try to re-write the checksum with a saved value. You'll have to try all of them though...

Just a shot in the dark,
tpg
stll can't recover.
SSE5000ASTRO

Post by SSE5000ASTRO »

spectragod wrote:I have the ability to tune that radio, if that will help.

Show more details? how to contact ? PM me pls.
Batwings21

Post by Batwings21 »

More than likely tuner will not read it, sounds like someone swapped rf boards...
spectragod

Post by spectragod »

Batwings21 wrote:More than likely tuner will not read it, sounds like someone swapped rf boards...
Aeroflex 3920, I'm not using CPS.
Kilgore: I love the smell of napalm in the morning. You know, one time we had a hill bombed, for 12 hours. When it was all over, I walked up. We didn't find one of 'em, not one stinkin' dink body. The smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole hill. Smelled like... victory. Someday this war's gonna end...

Post by SSE5000ASTRO »

Batwings21 wrote:More than likely tuner will not read it, sounds like someone swapped rf boards...

You are right! after upgrade firmware R07.05 ,someone swaped RF board,then it is .
so the vocon board be locked?
spectragod

Post by spectragod »

It will certainly need aligned after that change. If you can read/write the radio, the you could access it with CPS tuner, but you need a service monitor to do the alignment.

Post by CTAMontrose »

A 3920 (with our without APX autotune) will not fix that error. Manually aligning the rado will not fix that error. been there done that.. a trip to the depot is the only fix.
Batwings21

Post by Batwings21 »

Yes the tuning data in the vocon does not match the tuning data in the rf board, I have seen several of these and every time CPS will read them and write to them but tuner will puke on reading the tuning data. I cannot speak of a 3920 but I doubt it would correct this when tuner will not.
SSE5000ASTRO

Post by SSE5000ASTRO »

Batwings21 wrote:Yes the tuning data in the vocon does not match the tuning data in the rf board, I have seen several of these and every time CPS will read them and write to them but tuner will puke on reading the tuning data. I cannot speak of a 3920 but I doubt it would correct this when tuner will not.
Tuner can do nothing. to depot is the last way :cry:
spectragod

Post by spectragod »

Me too, I doubt it will work, what was I thinking?

Post by spectragod »

CTAMontrose wrote:A 3920 (with our without APX autotune) will not fix that error. Manually aligning the rado will not fix that error. been there done that.. a trip to the depot is the only fix.
That should be a lot of fun with no tags and such.

I threw the offer out to look at the radio in question, if simply aligning it doesn't fix it, there are always additional resources other than the depot. But hey, others popped in and said the depot is the only way, so the depot it is, good luck.

Post by CTAMontrose »

the problem with an APX is simply changing an RF board isnt like it is on an X series. There is information in there that no current tools be it CPS or even Depot (the software, NOT the place) will touch. Motorola is writing information to the rf board in locations that is not accessable except to an internal tool. We have had several legit radios do this (and a couple that were not legit) and nothing including leaked tools would touch it.

I wasnt trying to be a butthole to you, i was simply trying to save the OP some time or additional corruption trying things that have been shown not to yield results.
spectragod

Post by spectragod »

CTAMontrose wrote:the problem with an APX is simply changing an RF board isnt like it is on an X series. There is information in there that no current tools be it CPS or even Depot (the software, NOT the place) will touch. Motorola is writing information to the rf board in locations that is not accessable except to an internal tool. We have had several legit radios do this (and a couple that were not legit) and nothing including leaked tools would touch it.

I wasnt trying to be a butthole to you, i was simply trying to save the OP some time or additional corruption trying things that have been shown not to yield results.
I understand completely, my "offer" is no longer there, good luck to the OP if it has no tags or is a 123 radio. There may be other who can fix it, maybe they will offer up.

Post by SSE5000ASTRO »

replaced a new VOCON board ,done!
spectragod

Post by spectragod »

Hmmmmmm, I guess the depot wasn't the ONLY choice. Go figure.

Post by motorola_otaku »

CTAMontrose wrote:the problem with an APX is simply changing an RF board isnt like it is on an X series. There is information in there that no current tools be it CPS or even Depot (the software, NOT the place) will touch. Motorola is writing information to the rf board in locations that is not accessible except to an internal tool.
Nice. So does that mean legitimate field replacement of an RF board ain't happening in the APX line?
CTAMontrose
was grem467

Post by CTAMontrose »

check your email otaku...

Return to “Radio Programming”