Saber III / MX3000 - scan/nuisance delete/power toggle??

This forum is for discussions regarding all aspects of Motorola radio programming, including hardware, computers, installation and use of RSS/CPS, firmware upgrades, and troubleshooting. There are subforums for discussions of codeplugs, and also for software/firmware release notes and issues.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

g8tzl2004

Saber III / MX3000 - scan/nuisance delete/power toggle??

Post by g8tzl2004 »

Anybody know if you can program a front/side key on a Saber III for scan nuisance delete and high/low power toggle?

I've checked the archive but I'm still not sure if you can do the above directly from a key...maybe you need to do it via the Menu..so deleting a nuisance channel might involve a series of key presses?

Thanks
FireCpt809
What radios do you own?: Alot..

Re: Saber III / MX3000 - scan/nuisance delete/power toggle??

Post by FireCpt809 »

Standard sabers No, systems sabers had an option for nuisance delete but not Hi/lo
g8tzl2004

Post by g8tzl2004 »

Just so I'm clear, a standard Saber III CAN do nuisance delete but NOT via a side/front key? Or can a Saber III not do nuisance delete at all?
N6LAU
What radios do you own?: Talkabout-250 w/ P25 Phase 2

Post by N6LAU »

Let me mess around with my Saber and see if I can verify the nuisance delete possibility. I do know that the TX power is NOT selectable via a button or menu on the standard Saber, it is set up in the personality or mode in the RSS and is stuck at the chosen level on a per channel basis.
Joe - N6LAU
N6LAU
What radios do you own?: Talkabout-250 w/ P25 Phase 2

Post by N6LAU »

I haven't physically verified this yet but going off of memory if the standard Saber is at least a Model 2 or 3, while the radio is scanning if you press the far right orange button on the face ("enter" I believe) while landed on a active channel it will temporarily remove it from the scan list until scan is turned off then on again.
Joe - N6LAU
g8tzl2004

Post by g8tzl2004 »

Thanks Joe.

Its good that you can do nuisance delete which is a very useful feature.I've not done it yet but I have been reading up and I think you also need to initially enable nuisance delete in RSS together with enabling the various scan options.

Return to “Radio Programming”