MCS2000 800 mhz programming

This forum is for discussions regarding all aspects of Motorola radio programming, including hardware, computers, installation and use of RSS/CPS, firmware upgrades, and troubleshooting. There are subforums for discussions of codeplugs, and also for software/firmware release notes and issues.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

dmurman
New User
What radios do you own?: MTS2000, Spectra, P1225, MCS20

MCS2000 800 mhz programming

Post by dmurman »

I have an MCS2000 800 mhz radio that when I use the latest CPS to program the radio I get a runtime termination. I can read the codeplug ok and I don't see anything that would be programmed wrong. When I go to save the codeplug I get the following message and the program terminates. Same also when I try to upload to the radio.

'This program has requested the runtime to terminate it in an unusual way. Contact application support team ~'

I have an MCS2000 900mhz radio and I have no problem programming it or saving the codeplug. I have the Motorola RIB, using a serial port (not USB adapter) and using the mic connector to program. Computer software is Windows XP Pro.

Codeplug 0010
Firmware 07.71
System Plug H37
Flash Code 000004-000000-6

I have loaded the CPS software on two different computers and I get the same results.

Any ideas as to what is happening? Is there a way to lock the codeplug so that you can't upload to the radio nor save the codeplug?

David

Return to “Radio Programming”