HT1250 Menu access problem

This forum is for discussions regarding all aspects of Motorola radio programming, including hardware, computers, installation and use of RSS/CPS, firmware upgrades, and troubleshooting. There are subforums for discussions of codeplugs, and also for software/firmware release notes and issues.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

EM-01

HT1250 Menu access problem

Post by EM-01 »

Howdy All,

recently obtained a used HT1250 VHF full front keypad, and I seem to have a menu access problem. I can program the side buttons just fine BUT. The P1 P2 and P3 buttons seem to revert just one setting (usually system scan or zone) and when I hit the menu button I only get one option (System Scan), and then the up and down arrows do not respond.

So I removed all the menu options except for Zone and thats what I got when I hit the menu button but still no response from the the up and down arrows. Under RADIO CONFIGURATION>MENU I unchecked Recall last selected menu and there was no difference.

I am not new to radio programming, just new to this model. I am doing something wrong?

Please Help.
-Fred L. McGuire Jr.-
Okmulgee County SkyWarn Association
Okmulgee County Sheriff's Office
Okmulgee, Oklahoma
KD5FMU
fred.mcguire.jr@gmail.com
HLA
What radios do you own?: HT1550's, X9000's, CDM1550's

Re: HT1250 Menu access problem

Post by HLA »

what's it's firmware? and is it an ls? sometimes if you program with trunking the buttons need to match in trunking and conventional
HLA
I never check PM's so don't bother, just email me.
I won't reply to a hotmail, gmail, aol or any other generic free address, if you want me to reply use a real address.
STOP ASKING ME FOR SOFTWARE OR FIRMWARE, I JUST FORWARD ALL OF THE REQUESTS TO THE MODERATORS
EM-01

Post by EM-01 »

The radio Firmware is R05.07.01

The software is R06.12.05

The Radio is not an LS and the codeplug I know is not. I still have not had any luck. I am starting to think it has some internal problems.

But it transmits and receives just fine. I just cant change zones.
-Fred L. McGuire Jr.-
Okmulgee, Oklahoma
KD5FMU
Al

Post by Al »

Fred, if you think your portable may have hardware problems have you tried putting it in button test mode to verify that all the front and side buttons are operating?
HLA
What radios do you own?: HT1550's, X9000's, CDM1550's

Post by HLA »

read a codeplug from a different radio that has those features enabled and then write it to your radio as is and see if it works. After you get the buttons to work then just reprogram the radio. And go to the radio configuration tab and make shure hot keypad is checked.
HLA
I never check PM's so don't bother, just email me.
I won't reply to a hotmail, gmail, aol or any other generic free address, if you want me to reply use a real address.
STOP ASKING ME FOR SOFTWARE OR FIRMWARE, I JUST FORWARD ALL OF THE REQUESTS TO THE MODERATORS
EM-01

Post by EM-01 »

Yes I have hot keypad checked. And I have not tried button test mode. How do I do that? Interesting.

I don't have any other HT1250's to read a codeplug from but I will ask around. Sounds like a darn good idea to try.
-Fred L. McGuire Jr.-
Okmulgee, Oklahoma
KD5FMU
Al

Post by Al »

Fred, here's how to enter button test mode:
1. Turn radio on and go into test mode by pressing side button 2(below the PTT) five times within 5 seconds after turnon.
2. Press and hold side button 2 until a high-pitched beep pattern is heard.
3. Press side button 2 once more to enter button test mode. All buttons will now beep loudly on both press and release.
4. To exit test mode, turn radio off.
turtle9832

Post by turtle9832 »

In the first post, you say removed all the menu options except for zone. I beleive that is why the up and down arrow buttons are not working. If zone is the only top level menu item you have checked, there is no use for the arrow buttons.

In the tree view >menu items >top level menu you need to check all items that you want to have access to when you press the menu button.

you should then be able to use the arrow buttons to go through all of the checked items.

Don't forget to go through all of the submenus in the menu items tabs (Audio/Tones)
FreddieMac502
New User
What radios do you own?: XTL5000, Several MotoTRBO's

Post by FreddieMac502 »

It must have been a keypad option because now it is miraculously working. Thank you all for your input. I think it had a Gremlin in it,
-Fred M.-

Return to “Radio Programming”