EX560 Emergency Decode at the Console

This forum is for discussions regarding all aspects of Motorola radio programming, including hardware, computers, installation and use of RSS/CPS, firmware upgrades, and troubleshooting. There are subforums for discussions of codeplugs, and also for software/firmware release notes and issues.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

nick.dejohn
What radios do you own?: EX560-XLS CDM1550

EX560 Emergency Decode at the Console

Post by nick.dejohn »

I have a question regarding the Motorola EX560-XLS. The city I work for is looking to purchase them on VHF and they use MDC1200 on post, with the emergency button set to send out an emergency on a separate repeater channel and have the mic open for 20 seconds once the emergency is done sending. The current HT1000 that the upper brass carry work fine. When the emergency button is pressed, the HT1000 sends out the emergency and once it is done, it opens the mic for the pre-programmed amount of time.

Now, with the EX560, when the emergency button is pressed, the radio sends out the emergency but it will not open the mic when it is done send out the emergency signal. Motorola is saying that the console has to acknowledge the emergency first before the radio will open the mic. I tried everything I can find in the programming to make this work and nothing. I have even tried sending it to the console via a simplex channel through the receivers in town and still nothing. I have also tried acknowledging the emergency at the console and that didn't work.

Can someone give me some guidance on this?
Nick
kb4mdz
What radios do you own?: Too many for the time I have.

Re: EX560 Emergency Decode at the Console

Post by kb4mdz »

Who in Motorola is telling you this? Someone technical or a salesman?

What are the choices in the CPS for the radio? My own logic dictates that such a setup would be in the CPS. (I know, there I go thinking again. Always gets me in trouble)
HLA
What radios do you own?: HT1550's, X9000's, CDM1550's

Post by HLA »

if you read the radio and go under signaling configuration then the emergency tab you will be able to set the emergency type, emergency revert channel, and open mic duration time. You set it to silent with voice and it will do what you are asking for
HLA
I never check PM's so don't bother, just email me.
I won't reply to a hotmail, gmail, aol or any other generic free address, if you want me to reply use a real address.
STOP ASKING ME FOR SOFTWARE OR FIRMWARE, I JUST FORWARD ALL OF THE REQUESTS TO THE MODERATORS
nick.dejohn

Post by nick.dejohn »

HLA wrote:if you read the radio and go under signaling configuration then the emergency tab you will be able to set the emergency type, emergency revert channel, and open mic duration time. You set it to silent with voice and it will do what you are asking for

I have tried that. I have all this programmed into the radio and it does not work. I can email you my codeplug just to make sure that I am not doing anything wrong. I have it set up the same way I have set it up on HT1250's and it does not perform the same way as the HT1250 does. For some reason the EX560-XLS is different and I can't understand why.

Nick
Nick
HLA
What radios do you own?: HT1550's, X9000's, CDM1550's

Post by HLA »

ok start here, do you have a ht1550 that can decode the emergency signal or a console? push the emergency button and see if it's even sending out the initial signal
HLA
I never check PM's so don't bother, just email me.
I won't reply to a hotmail, gmail, aol or any other generic free address, if you want me to reply use a real address.
STOP ASKING ME FOR SOFTWARE OR FIRMWARE, I JUST FORWARD ALL OF THE REQUESTS TO THE MODERATORS
nick.dejohn

Post by nick.dejohn »

HLA wrote:ok start here, do you have a ht1550 that can decode the emergency signal or a console? push the emergency button and see if it's even sending out the initial signal
The emergency signal does get sent out from the EX560-XLS. I can confirm that because the console does see the emergency signal and it does notify the dispatcher that there is an incoming emergency by flashing the channel on the touch screen of the console and showing the 4-digit numeric MDC ID. The problem that I have is after the radio sends out the pre-programmed polite and impolite tries, the radio should open the mic for the pre-determined amount of time that is programmed into the radio. I can not get that to happen. I have it reverting to the necessary channel that I want it to go out on and everything. I just can't get the open mic portion to work. Everything else works fine.

I'm beginning to think that it is a programming issue in the Zetron console. I thinking that the Zetron is not acknowledging the emergency or something along the lines. Any thoughts on that?

Thanks,
Nick
Nick
Will

Post by Will »

The open mic would be a setting in the radio, AFAIK.
nick.dejohn

Post by nick.dejohn »

Will wrote:The open mic would be a setting in the radio, AFAIK.
Yes, you are correct.
Nick
Al

Post by Al »

Nick, what is the firmware revision currently installed in your EX560XLS pls?
nick.dejohn

Post by nick.dejohn »

Al wrote:Nick, what is the firmware revision currently installed in your EX560XLS pls?
R05.16.01 // EX560-XLS VHF // System that it is operating on is a 100 VHF repeaterized system that runs through 8 receiver sites.
Nick

Return to “Radio Programming”