MTS2000 Flashcode & MDC Relationship

This forum is for discussions regarding all aspects of Motorola radio programming, including hardware, computers, installation and use of RSS/CPS, firmware upgrades, and troubleshooting. There are subforums for discussions of codeplugs, and also for software/firmware release notes and issues.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

dlawman
New User

MTS2000 Flashcode & MDC Relationship

Post by dlawman »

Hello...I'm new at this, hopefully I'm doing this posting correctly. I'm very confused on this issue of MDC1200 with MTS2000 and the Flash code relationship. I just obtained a Model III never thinking that it wouldn't have MDC1200, well, it doesn't. In searching the various web sites I've read differing thoughts on this. Is MDC a Flashcode option or not? On one post I saw a code of Q181 which said it was for MDC. However, On my MTS2000 Model II (Flashcode 010001-000000-8), when I decode, shows H169 & H35, no Q181, but, it DOES do MDC1200. When I say it does not have MDC, I mean there is no MDC tab in the CPS for the model III. When I read the model II, MDC is right there under the conventional tab. Don't have it in front of me now, but both have firmware codes of 6.XX or maybe it was 8.XX.

So, can someone clear this up for me. If it is not a Flashcode (as one post suggested) can it somehow be enabled? If it is a Flashcode should I just find another radio (as another post said)?

Thanks, Dan

Return to “Radio Programming”