CPS Windows 8

This forum is for discussions regarding all aspects of Motorola radio programming, including hardware, computers, installation and use of RSS/CPS, firmware upgrades, and troubleshooting. There are subforums for discussions of codeplugs, and also for software/firmware release notes and issues.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

medic712
New User

CPS Windows 8

Post by medic712 »

I installed CPS R6.04.00 onto my Toshiba running Windows 8 and I'm using an aftermarket USB interface cable. Was working great then when I attempted to use another USB slot I got a message that it could not find any ports so I put my PC back to factory settings and re installed all the software and drivers and now I get "Can not create unknown radio component" ...anyone know of a solution to this? Preferably without getting an older OS
escomm
Queue Moderator

Re: CPS Windows 8

Post by escomm »

You need to point your USB cable back to COM1 or some other valid COM port. The CPS is not opening up because it doesn't see any valid COM ports on the computer
HLA
What radios do you own?: HT1550's, X9000's, CDM1550's

Post by HLA »

6.04 for an ht1250? If so that radio and cps was never intended to be used with usb. Plus that cps is ancient
HLA
I never check PM's so don't bother, just email me.
I won't reply to a hotmail, gmail, aol or any other generic free address, if you want me to reply use a real address.
STOP ASKING ME FOR SOFTWARE OR FIRMWARE, I JUST FORWARD ALL OF THE REQUESTS TO THE MODERATORS
medic712
New User

Post by medic712 »

How do I change which port the USB is looking at? What is the recommended software since mine is outdated?
SteveC0625
What radios do you own?: CDM's, CP's, CM's, and more

Post by SteveC0625 »

medic712 wrote:How do I change which port the USB is looking at? What is the recommended software since mine is outdated?
Current version of the Pro Series (HVN9025) is R.06.12.08. Somewhere around R.06.12.06 Motorola released a fix for Win 7. Prior to that, this CPS would not run at all on 64 bit Win 7, and was flaky on 32 bit platforms.

Before you go any further with your USB issues, you need to be using a current version of the CPS on your Win 8 machine.
adamdavis43040
New User

Post by adamdavis43040 »

I have legit copy from /\/\ I am having same issues with the program not finding the cable and getting the unknown radio component. Any recomendations
wavetar
Administrator

Post by wavetar »

You need to change the serial-to-USB converter COM port to between 1-4, since that is all the CPS recognizes.
No trees were harmed in the posting of this message...however an extraordinarily large number of electrons were horribly inconvenienced.

Welcome to the /\/\achine.
adamdavis43040
New User

Post by adamdavis43040 »

Ok fellas, I am scratching my head.

I have the latest HT Series CPS software version R06.12.09AA (I have legit copy, as I paid the piper and have software rights) downloaded to my netbook running Win 7 starter 32bit I have installed the driver for my cable and I still cant get the CPS to read the radio. I am sure I have selected the correct comm port in the CPS and verified this under devices in control panel.

I have a regular laptop running Win 7 64bit and have no problem the CPS immediately senses the cable is plugged in and begins to read the radio. I have no problems read/edit/writing with this machine.

I want the netbook setup as it is smaller and works better for on the go changes should I have to make any and its less bulk to carry around.

Now that I have taken the long road to get to my point......... what is the hiccup with the netbook??

Is it the fact that it has the starter edition of Win 7 and not a regular version of Win 7 32 or 64 bit??

I could upgrade to regular Win 7 but the max that the netbook can handle is the 32bit version. I do plan on upgrading the RAM to 2GB which I have heard will make this particular netbook run a bit smoother, and will play a bit more better with programs installed, even with the RAM upgrade I have read and had IT guys at work say the best version I can install is regular Win7 32 bit version.
Andreas
What radios do you own?: radios

Post by Andreas »

32 bit is always the best version for universal use!The 64 bit version,often makes trouble with older software.

Andreas
adamdavis43040
New User

Post by adamdavis43040 »

I have upgraded the OS to regular win 7 32 bit and upgraded the RAM the netbook seems to be running alot better, however I still have that pesky problem is CPS
tuckerm

Post by tuckerm »

Have you done a full uninstall? Uninstall the CPS, clean out any leftover folders from the install, restart, reinstall?
Schrodinger's Radio: It is simultaneously too loud and too quiet, but you will never know which until someone transmits.

Return to “Radio Programming”