Astro CPS 19.01.00 "Transmit Mode" Question

This forum is for discussions regarding all aspects of Motorola radio programming, including hardware, computers, installation and use of RSS/CPS, firmware upgrades, and troubleshooting. There are subforums for discussions of codeplugs, and also for software/firmware release notes and issues.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

KE4ZNR
What radios do you own?: APX 8000XE, APX 6000, APX 7000

Astro CPS 19.01.00 "Transmit Mode" Question

Post by KE4ZNR »

Greetings all.
Working with Astro CPS 19.01.00.
I can't be the only one that has noticed this new feature:
http://i.imgur.com/QW3xcaB.jpg
(Had to link the image because it is too large for the forum software. Sorry!)
I am trying to test this feature out on a Motorola Type II 3600 system in which I help maintain.
I have selected the personality as "TG/AG Disabled". I have also made sure the selected talkgroups are NOT in a scan list
nor have any of the other caveats selected in the Warnings menu: (Emerg Tac, Dynamic Regrouping, etc).
Yet when I write the codeplug back to the radio (XTS5K for those wondering) I can still transmit on all of the talkgroups within this personality.
I do not see anywhere within the personality or the Zone/Channel Menus to select individual TGs as enabled/disabled so I can only ASSume 8)
that this feature is personality wide.
Anyone else played with this feature yet and if you have been successful in getting this to work, please share any hurdles you had to clear.
Thanks a million!
Happy Monitoring
Marshall KE4ZNR
Mfire39
What radios do you own?: APX

Re: Astro CPS 19.01.00 "Transmit Mode" Question

Post by Mfire39 »

What version firmware is in the radio you are trying this new feature with? If it doesn't have R19.xx firmware to go along with the CPS, then regardless of what the CPS says, the radio won't know how to use the feature.

-Marc
Stupidity creates job security!

If your radio has old firmware, programming it with the latest CPS will not add any new features unless you have the latest firmware to match..

CPS = Customer Programming Software, Not CPS Software.
KE4ZNR

Post by KE4ZNR »

Mfire39 wrote:What version firmware is in the radio you are trying this new feature with? If it doesn't have R19.xx firmware to go along with the CPS, then regardless of what the CPS says, the radio won't know how to use the feature.

-Marc
Thanks Marc 8)

I should have read your signature before now:
If your radio has old firmware, programming it with the latest CPS will not add any new features unless you have the latest firmware to match..

I have 17.01.01 loaded into this XTS5K and I guess that is the cause of my situation.
Funny how sometimes the simplest things get overlooked...I should have considered the Host when
going through this...I get the duh award of the day for this oversight. :lol:
Will have to see about getting that 17.01.01 updated 8)
Thanks again!
Happy Monitoring
Marshall KE4ZNR
MTS2000des
What radios do you own?: XTS2500, XTS5000, and MTS2000

Post by MTS2000des »

It works on my XTS1500 with R19.00 F/W, but the radio still registers as it should, it just doesn't let you transmit on any TG in the personality marked AG/TG disabled.
The views here are my own and do not represent those of anyone else or the company, the boss, his wife, his dog or distant relatives.
KE4ZNR

Post by KE4ZNR »

MTS2000des wrote:It works on my XTS1500 with R19.00 F/W, but the radio still registers as it should, it just doesn't let you transmit on any TG in the personality marked AG/TG disabled.
Thanks for the report. We have a neighboring and mutual aid partner system that is interested in setting it up on one way paging FD/EMS Alert Talkgroups. 8)

Still got to get 19 loaded on my XTS5K to play with this feature.
Marshall KE4ZNR
rc50won
What radios do you own?: Don't ask my wife.

Post by rc50won »

I thought you needed 19.50.00 FW for this feature to work properly?

The other Marshall, K4MAP
KE4ZNR

Post by KE4ZNR »

rc50won wrote:I thought you needed 19.50.00 FW for this feature to work properly?

The other Marshall, K4MAP
Good to see another Marshall on here 8)

Flashed the XTS5K to 19.50.00 and the "Transmit Mode" feature works great.
Thanks again to all for the help.
Marshall KE4ZNR

Return to “Radio Programming”