SurfacePRO - Compatibility with APX CPS

This forum is for discussions regarding all aspects of Motorola radio programming, including hardware, computers, installation and use of RSS/CPS, firmware upgrades, and troubleshooting. There are subforums for discussions of codeplugs, and also for software/firmware release notes and issues.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

ASTROMODAT

SurfacePRO - Compatibility with APX CPS

Post by ASTROMODAT »

Has anyone tried running APX CPS on a SurfacePRO, and can give feedback on any issues?

I understand it does not work with the SurfaceRT, but that runs a Windows Lite version, so it isn't surprising.

I have heard conflicting stories on APX CPS running on a PRO, such as problems with the background code that supports the SurfacePRO's touch screen apparently may hose up at least some aspects of the CPS.

Any real world experience with running CPS on the SurfacePRO would be very much appreciated.
alex
Administrator

Re: SurfacePRO - Compatibility with APX CPS

Post by alex »

Friend of mine has one and has not reported any issues. He did say that Astro25 R17 had issues, but I don't think they certified A25 on Windows 8 until R19?

Alex
The Radio Information Board: http://www.radioinfoboard.com
Your source for information on: Harris/Ma-Comm/EFJ/RELM/Kenwood/ICOM/Thales, equipment.
ASTROMODAT

Re: SurfacePRO - Compatibility with APX CPS

Post by ASTROMODAT »

Thanks, Alex. Please let us know if you get a chance to ask your friend if he has been able to successfully READ/WRITE to APX series radios with his SurfacePRO. They are quite pricey, and if they do not support this capability, I'm not sure I have enough of an incentive to pull the trigger. Larry

Return to “Radio Programming”