ht1250 bad programming

This forum is for discussions regarding all aspects of Motorola radio programming, including hardware, computers, installation and use of RSS/CPS, firmware upgrades, and troubleshooting. There are subforums for discussions of codeplugs, and also for software/firmware release notes and issues.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

ggfred
New User

ht1250 bad programming

Post by ggfred »

I programmed an ht1250 using the codeplug I have put into several others. The radio worked fine before I programmed it. When I turn it on the red led on top flashes off/on. It does not receive anything on any channel. When I press the monitor button there is a low audio hiss from the speaker but even then it does not hear a signal. It transmits fine on all 16 channels. When I enter scan mode it shows a strong signal on all channels and always stops on channel 2, even tho there is no signal on that freq.

Any ideas? I did not save the original codeplug that was in the radio.

Model: AAH25KDC9AA2AN
Version before programming: R02.00.01 version after programming: R05.14.03
Tanapa: PMUD1573A

Appreciate any help.

Fred
KG4INW
What radios do you own?: Not enough apparently!

Re: ht1250 bad programming

Post by KG4INW »

Did it work at all beforehand? It sounds like a hardware problem to me, if all you did was clone it.
ggfred
New User

Post by ggfred »

The radio worked fine before I programmed it.
Al

Post by Al »

"Version before programming: R02.00.01 version after programming: R05.14.03". Are you saying that you reflashed the firmware when you reprogrammed the radio's personalities, fred?
ggfred
New User

Post by ggfred »

All I did was write the new codeplug to the radio. All our radios come up with the new version after cloning.

Return to “Radio Programming”