Flash upgrade Questions

This forum is for discussions regarding all aspects of Motorola radio programming, including hardware, computers, installation and use of RSS/CPS, firmware upgrades, and troubleshooting. There are subforums for discussions of codeplugs, and also for software/firmware release notes and issues.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

dasuriano

Flash upgrade Questions

Post by dasuriano »

I am planning upgrades for my XTS and XTL radios and I have a few questions before I proceed. First is, I have a toughbook with no cd drive or windows dual booted on a mac that has a cd drive. Any way I can order an upgrade on a usb device, rather than a cd drive or should I look to use the mac? Remote head XTL... plug in to the control head or the radio itself? And xtl that does not like programming from the mic connector and works via the back, shared with the speaker and the ignition sense. Is that okay to use?
Snarlingrabiddog
What radios do you own?: Two Tin Cans and a String P25

Re: Flash upgrade Questions

Post by Snarlingrabiddog »

This may be late in the game (or the game is over and if thats the case, I hope your team won), you order the USB iButton from Jeff (escomm) at Sandy Communications and he will get it to you fast. I just did several XTL upgrades within the last month. I don't know if the iButton works on a mac, as I've never owned one. Its best to do the upgrade from the BACKwith the igition sense programming cable (around 45 bucks). You CAN still brick an XTL even using and iButton from Motorola and either front or rear programming cable but fortunately I've never bricked one. It takes some time (more time from the back), but you should be fine. Hope that helps!

Return to “Radio Programming”