Deprogramming Radios

This forum is for discussions regarding all aspects of Motorola radio programming, including hardware, computers, installation and use of RSS/CPS, firmware upgrades, and troubleshooting. There are subforums for discussions of codeplugs, and also for software/firmware release notes and issues.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

yardbirdjr

Deprogramming Radios

Post by yardbirdjr »

Hello All!

I wanted to see if there is an option in Motorola software that will allow me to earse a codeplug?

What I am wanting to do is erase my codeplugs from my XTS-5000's, XTS-2500's and Astro Saber.

I want to start fresh with reprogramming the radios and changing and deleting somethings.

I really didn't want the painstaking task of editing every channel.

Please let me know if there is a way to do this via PM.

Thanks

David
Bigfella237

Re: Deprogramming Radios

Post by Bigfella237 »

A Motorola dealer would be able to make you a brand new blank codeplug but apart from that no, there is no way to do a global reset of a codeplug.

That said, the easiest way to do what you want is to work through the codeplug and create new "Default" lists, personalities, zones etc., then delete all the old ones. The other settings, like the Radio wide options, will need to be reset manually.

Andrew
MTS2000des
What radios do you own?: XTS2500, XTS5000, and MTS2000

Post by MTS2000des »

I usually start by killing zones, then conventional personalities, then scan lists, trunking personalities, trunking systems, etc until each is down to one (which CPS won't let you delete). Then I delete any call lists, etc. Deleting everything down to one default record is about the only way to completely clear out stuff.

It's always a good idea to save a codeplug in it's cleared state for each type of radio you deal with (e.g. MTS2000, XTS5000, XTL, etc) and save them as "XTSVHFDEFAULT" or something to use in the future, then use top level drag and drop to overwrite any future radios you wish to clear. Makes the process much faster.
The views here are my own and do not represent those of anyone else or the company, the boss, his wife, his dog or distant relatives.
Bigfella237

Post by Bigfella237 »

Oh yeah, I forgot that there is an order in which most of the defaulting should be done, thanks to MTS2000des for the reminder.

I will ALWAYS save a standard codeplug as soon as I first get my hands on any radio, whether it be our own or a third party's gear, it's just common sense to have a backup to fall back on if all else fails. This practice has saved my butt more than once in the past too I can assure you!

Andrew
escomm
Queue Moderator

Post by escomm »

I always add one personality or zone or whatever and then delete the rest. CPS will tell you what invalid fields come up when you try to save or write the codeplug
Bill_G

Post by Bill_G »

I was thinking a Van de Graff would do the trick, but most people don't have those sitting around.
yardbirdjr

Post by yardbirdjr »

Thanks

I appreciate it.

David

Return to “Radio Programming”