Repeater Programming

This forum is for discussions regarding all aspects of Motorola radio programming, including hardware, computers, installation and use of RSS/CPS, firmware upgrades, and troubleshooting. There are subforums for discussions of codeplugs, and also for software/firmware release notes and issues.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

arlojanis

Repeater Programming

Post by arlojanis »

When you program a repeater, do you disable repeat function so that it can not transmitt during read or write?
"The world runs on radio."
KG4INW
What radios do you own?: Not enough apparently!

Re: Repeater Programming

Post by KG4INW »

You could always hook the TX up to a dummy load if it's not already connected to an antenna. Otherwise, I'm not sure what the problem would be. Do you have an example of what you're worried about?
arlojanis

Post by arlojanis »

I was thinking about surges and RF causing a fail during write.
"The world runs on radio."
KG4INW
What radios do you own?: Not enough apparently!

Post by KG4INW »

OK, on a lot of the repeaters that I've programmed, the only way to disable repeat is with programming so you'd have to write to it to disable it in the first place. I've not had any issues but anything's possible. The repeater will be disabled anyway when it's being written to and reading won't ever corrupt it. You might still have an unrelated surge or RF issue I suppose but that wouldn't have anything to do with disabling/enabling the repeater.
RESCUE161
Batboard $upporter
What radios do you own?: Too many!

Post by RESCUE161 »

We disable the repeater on the trunking controller and then do changes/programming.
Scott
KE4FHH
Religion: Kills folks dead!

Return to “Radio Programming”