Programming in Windows 8

This forum is for discussions regarding all aspects of Motorola radio programming, including hardware, computers, installation and use of RSS/CPS, firmware upgrades, and troubleshooting. There are subforums for discussions of codeplugs, and also for software/firmware release notes and issues.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

vol-emt
New User

Programming in Windows 8

Post by vol-emt »

Hi there,

I just bought a Window 8 laptop and wanted to know if Motorola RSS software would work with this Operating System?

Does anyone have experience with using Windows 8 with Motorola Programming software?

Thank you
SteveC0625
What radios do you own?: CDM's, CP's, CM's, and more

Re: Programming in Windows 8

Post by SteveC0625 »

vol-emt wrote:Hi there,

I just bought a Window 8 laptop and wanted to know if Motorola RSS software would work with this Operating System?

Does anyone have experience with using Windows 8 with Motorola Programming software?

Thank you
You will have to be just a bit more specific. Which software and which revision level? RSS or CPS?

There is no single answer here.
mike m

Re: Programming in Windows 8

Post by mike m »

for me I just picked up a dell venue 8 running 32 bit win 8.1/

I use a parallax USB to serial converter with new drivers from the parallax web page. with this setup I have been using my old copy of astro25, version 14.01 and have successfully programmed all of my xts5000 without issues. I also use this tablet/pc to program ge/macom ORIONS and MRK HT radios using RPM version 17. So far the 32 bit version of win 8.1 is programming everything I had on an old, now dead, dell desktop with win xp.

I'll be trying an xts3000 later this weekend.

Mike

Return to “Radio Programming”