APX 7000 CPS requires a newer version of the software?

This forum is for discussions regarding all aspects of Motorola radio programming, including hardware, computers, installation and use of RSS/CPS, firmware upgrades, and troubleshooting. There are subforums for discussions of codeplugs, and also for software/firmware release notes and issues.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

screa34
New User

APX 7000 CPS requires a newer version of the software?

Post by screa34 »

I have an APX 7000 that was most recently programmed with R08.00.00, I'm trying to read it with R08.00.01, but it says I need version R08.01.01. Why would it require an even newer version that what I have?

I can tell you that I have the version B USB programming cable and that I'm using Windows 7. I know it was programmed with the version A cable before, although I'm not sure what OS was being used when it was last programmed.

Could either the cable or a newer OS make me need a newer version of the CPS?
Jim202

Re: APX 7000 CPS requires a newer version of the software?

Post by Jim202 »

screa34 wrote:I have an APX 7000 that was most recently programmed with R08.00.00, I'm trying to read it with R08.00.01, but it says I need version R08.01.01. Why would it require an even newer version that what I have?

I can tell you that I have the version B USB programming cable and that I'm using Windows 7. I know it was programmed with the version A cable before, although I'm not sure what OS was being used when it was last programmed.

Could either the cable or a newer OS make me need a newer version of the CPS?

Listen to what the software is telling you. The radio is telling you that you need a newer version of the software than what your trying to use. You said yourself that you didn't know what OS was used when last programmed.

I think you just need to obtain the newer version of the AXP software and go forward.

Jim
sjxts3000
No Longer Registered

Post by sjxts3000 »

If you have an MOL subscription for APX CPS, just download/install the latest version and be done with it.
screa34
New User

Post by screa34 »

Thanks for all the replies. I upgraded the software and everything is worked as expected now. Thank you for your feedback.
josh

Return to “Radio Programming”