APX7000 Self Test Alert Tone

This forum is for discussions regarding all aspects of Motorola radio programming, including hardware, computers, installation and use of RSS/CPS, firmware upgrades, and troubleshooting. There are subforums for discussions of codeplugs, and also for software/firmware release notes and issues.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

fallspolice
What radios do you own?: APX7K, XTL2500, MTX850

APX7000 Self Test Alert Tone

Post by fallspolice »

I have an APX7000 that will not play the self test alert tone. The option is checked in the cps, and no mute feature is turned on. The display shows self test, and otherwise works just fine. It has been updated to the latest firmware and is [b]NOT[/b] an ALT radio.

Any ideas?
SSE5000ASTRO

Re: APX7000 Self Test Alert Tone

Post by SSE5000ASTRO »

fallspolice wrote:I have an APX7000 that will not play the self test alert tone. The option is checked in the cps, and no mute feature is turned on. The display shows self test, and otherwise works just fine. It has been updated to the latest firmware and is NOT an ALT radio.

Any ideas?
I think it's an ALT radio!
fallspolice
What radios do you own?: APX7K, XTL2500, MTX850

Post by fallspolice »

Considering it went to the depot to get flashed and they sent it back, I'm going to say its not an ALT radio. Also, the ALT APX6000 I have works great! You would think it would be the other way around.
radioactive69

Post by radioactive69 »

Make sure Alert Tones, Tone Offset fields adjacent to the self-test are checked.

I have the Pull down "all tones" under enhanced mute tones ops. set. Then I have "mute" as a menu item.

Then go to Radio Profiles under Radio Ergonomics and look at the Alert Tones box settings are set high enough
to allow tones to be heard under each of the profiles you have setup.

I use CPS R11 and DSP Firmware R11 on my 7000.
Doug.
We are in the too much information age...

Return to “Radio Programming”