I20R

This forum is for discussions regarding all aspects of Motorola radio programming, including hardware, computers, installation and use of RSS/CPS, firmware upgrades, and troubleshooting. There are subforums for discussions of codeplugs, and also for software/firmware release notes and issues.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

DRAGER
1 Warning for RSS/CPS Wanted/For Sale/Links

I20R

Post by DRAGER »

Dear friends. I need your help!!!!
The topic is I need programming my controller I20R. I have the software for DOS, but this rss not run. I tried with dos Box but does not run, the program get stuck... :( :(
The how i can to programing any help or information is welcome! :)

Regards, many thanks from Chile, Chiloé-island
Wowbagger
Aeroflex

Re: I20R

Post by Wowbagger »

Do you have a real RS-232 port, or only a USB to Serial cable? Emulation software cannot make software designed to do bit twiddling on a 16550 work on a USB port, and your programmer software may be waiting for a hardware interrupt that will never happen because you don't have a real UART.
This is my opinion, not Aeroflex's.

I WILL NOT give you proprietary information. I make too much money to jeopardize my job.

I AM NOT the Service department: You want official info, manuals, service info, parts, calibration, etc., contact Aeroflex directly, please.
DRAGER

Post by DRAGER »

Dear Friend .Thank for you time :)
Yes. I have Real Rs 232, also i´m programing with my lovely Rib of many Years. But this is the message " error floating pint value"
I do not know what to do:(
regards
Wowbagger
Aeroflex

Post by Wowbagger »

My next guess is that your computer is too fast for the program. The program is likely trying to calibrate a hardware delay loop, by measuring how long it takes to perform a reference operation, then dividing by that time to set the number of times to loop to delay an operation. If your computer is too fast, the reference operation takes zero timer ticks to run, and when the code then divides by zero - floating point error.

See if you can run on a slower machine.
This is my opinion, not Aeroflex's.

I WILL NOT give you proprietary information. I make too much money to jeopardize my job.

I AM NOT the Service department: You want official info, manuals, service info, parts, calibration, etc., contact Aeroflex directly, please.
DRAGER

Post by DRAGER »

OK friends. I find out in the Internet, and many people say " is better run the rss in DOS or maybe in Win 95" is more easy what in Xp.
Many Thanks dear friend, If you know other form to run the program in win Xp or emule please say me ( Dos-box) I will be happy.
PD: i don´t know nothing to program pc, c++, binary, code error :(, but I try to find solution at least be in English :)
Will

Post by Will »

For that RSS program you need a slower 286 -486 computer running REAL DOS. DOS 6.xx is recommended.

If your Win 98 computer IS slow enough, boot to/run from DOS prompt.

The older RSS wil not run on a Pentium CPU.
See: http://batboard.batlabs.com/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=52894

Return to “Radio Programming”