Motorola NRN 8815b pager programmer

This forum is for discussions regarding all aspects of Motorola radio programming, including hardware, computers, installation and use of RSS/CPS, firmware upgrades, and troubleshooting. There are subforums for discussions of codeplugs, and also for software/firmware release notes and issues.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

Essexsaxo
New User

Motorola NRN 8815b pager programmer

Post by Essexsaxo »

Hi all,

Does anybody use a Motorola NRN 8815 programmer for programming pagers? I have one here I would like to use but when I plug in a power supply of 10.5 volts (centre positive) the LED on the box doesn't light up, now I'm not sure if this is a power led or wether it flashes when it's actually programming the pager? I'm also wondering if someone at some point may have got the polarity mixed up. Any help would be greatly received.

Nick
The Pager Geek
What radios do you own?: Disney FRS

Re: Motorola NRN 8815b pager programmer

Post by The Pager Geek »

The light only comes on when a pager is connected... and in the case of the minitor series... in programming mode.

tpg
Experienced Provider of Useless Information
Essexsaxo
New User

Post by Essexsaxo »

Thank you very much for your reply, hopefully that means my programming interface isn't broken and the problem I have is with my computer. I need to use a slower computer to program some Bravo Plus pagers.
Essexsaxo
New User

Post by Essexsaxo »

It seems I'm still having issues with my NRN9815B pager programmer. Does anybody have any manual/a for these? I'm trying to find the polarity of the wall wart needed.
The Pager Geek
What radios do you own?: Disney FRS

Post by The Pager Geek »

Center Positive, I use 12vdc without issues.
Experienced Provider of Useless Information

Return to “Radio Programming”