APX 6500 Scanning issues

This forum is for discussions regarding all aspects of Motorola radio programming, including hardware, computers, installation and use of RSS/CPS, firmware upgrades, and troubleshooting. There are subforums for discussions of codeplugs, and also for software/firmware release notes and issues.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

webby52
What radios do you own?: HT1250, XTS2500, APX6500

APX 6500 Scanning issues

Post by webby52 »

Took /\/\ software class online for APX last summer and just started playing around with codeplugs last couple of weeks. Issue I'm having is I have 7 banks of trunking and conventional channels. I added the seventh bank with one trunk channel and several conventional channels. (all the other banks are trunk or conventional specific.) The first two channels are Rx only and will not allow the radio to scan. The Scan button is not even available to press on the O5 head regardless of whether its on the conventional or trunked channel. Scroll to channel 3 of that bank and the scan button appears. I change the profile to RX/TX and the scan button appears. Heres the kicker...it will not scan any channels in the scan bank regardless of the Rx personality. Same setup in the XTS portable...performs flawlessly....Confused...
Last edited by webby52 on Sun Jul 13, 2014 1:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
KE4ZNR
What radios do you own?: APX 8000XE, APX 6000, APX 7000

Re: APX 6500 Scanning issues

Post by KE4ZNR »

In both the Trunked and Conventional personalities look under "Features" and make sure the
needed personalities have been associated with a scan list:

If I was Pete Rose and a betting man (not that he EVER placed any bets) I would bet that the personalities that are associated with the first 2 channels have
no Scan List defined while channel 3 has one.

Hope this helps!
Marshall KE4ZNR
webby52

Post by webby52 »

Nope I have the scan list selected for both the trunking and the conventional personalities.
webby52

Post by webby52 »

HUB suspends scan...works great now...guess the mics on the dual head aren't grounded in the back of the truck.

Return to “Radio Programming”