Ht1000 external ptt not working after programming

This forum is for discussions regarding all aspects of Motorola radio programming, including hardware, computers, installation and use of RSS/CPS, firmware upgrades, and troubleshooting. There are subforums for discussions of codeplugs, and also for software/firmware release notes and issues.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

jaesen41
New User

Ht1000 external ptt not working after programming

Post by jaesen41 »

I have an Ht1000 VHF 16 channel model.
I sent it away for programming and just revived it back.
The radio works great transmits and receives on all channels.

The problem I am having is my tactical headset (quietpro).
Is not keying the radio when pressing the ptt (on the remote unit)
No TX no voice. When the radio receives the audio goes through the headset
As well as the internal speaker on the radio.
Is this a problem that could have been created by improper programming?
I also have a UHF model that was programmed at the same time that has the exact same problem
This is frustrating due to having had to ship the units for programming.

I also tried the headset unit on a different radio and it functioned properly.
Should I just order the software and program it myself? I was hoping I would only
Need to program them once and be done.

Any insight on this problem would help me out tremendously.
Thank you
jaesen41
New User

Re: Ht1000 external ptt not working after programming

Post by jaesen41 »

The VHF is a BN Model, The UHF is a DN Model.
Will

Post by Will »

Your 'headset' is NOT compatible with your radios. First clue, speaker in radio gets muted with the correct accy.
jaesen41
New User

Post by jaesen41 »

Thanks for absolutely nothing.
This headset works with other ht1000 radios it has a jedi connector.
My question was is there any option when programming that would effect this
I read about an option board setting if this was set wrong could it be the problem ?
Anyone else who actually wants to help have any advice ?
Answers like his are why don't like to use most forums ooh wow your an elitest who doesn't like new people good for you.
turtle9832

Post by turtle9832 »

Settle down.

don't take it personal.

We have operators who have used the head set you mention on HT1000 and XTS2500 models. I myself have not used them.

Based on the symptoms you describe, I would suspect the plunge mayber. But you say you get audio on the radio and headset at the same time. That's a little mysterious. Do you have a PSM mic to try on the radio?
jaesen41
New User

Post by jaesen41 »

I apologize if I came off hostile. Like I said I hate being treated like a moron just because I am new to the forum.
I researched a lot to try and find the solution myself. I guess I will have to buy a different headset or external mic to try out. Since I have zero experience with programing these radios I figured I would ask about if there was anything that could cause this in the rss.
So far I have found a 166mhz laptop and located a spice for the software so I can program them myself.
I am also starting to wonder if one of the cables from the quietpro went bad (it's a dual setup)

I appreciate the helpful comment.

Oh and I also cleaned all the contacts and checked the ribbon it looks to be in great shape.

You mentioned the plunger. I thought that was only for and external antenna like on the PS mics.
Am I mistaken? Again thank you

I will post if I find a solution.
FireCpt809
What radios do you own?: Alot..

Post by FireCpt809 »

Wow 3 posts and you go off on a member with almost 7000 posts who works on radios for a living. Maybe consider he may have more of a idea about how these radios work. It sounds like you really have no clue about how these radios operate other than to turn them on. You didn't program them, you have to send them out and you think you can reprogram them on your own? There was nothing in Will's reply that was snippy or "eliteist" Go ahead find some other answers on your own...
jmr061
was KB9KST

Post by jmr061 »

This topic is locked and the OP has been banned for a month as he chose in a disapproved post to start a flame war and telling someone to do something inappropriate.

Jason

Return to “Radio Programming”