HT1000 wiil not transmit on programmed frequencies

This forum is for discussions regarding all aspects of Motorola radio programming, including hardware, computers, installation and use of RSS/CPS, firmware upgrades, and troubleshooting. There are subforums for discussions of codeplugs, and also for software/firmware release notes and issues.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

Lake Trader
New User

HT1000 wiil not transmit on programmed frequencies

Post by Lake Trader »

I have an HT1000 VHF model with the AN suffix. Model and serial numbers match per the RSS. Problem is the radio will only transmit on the programmed receive frequencies, not the transmit frequencies. I have some experience with programming these radios and have never run in to this problem. Could there be some anomaly with this radio? I think I have double checked the programming but have come up empty. Anyone have any ideas. Thanks, JIm
escomm
Queue Moderator

Re: HT1000 wiil not transmit on programmed frequencies

Post by escomm »

Sounds like it's in talkaround mode
Lake Trader
New User

Post by Lake Trader »

Definitely not in talkaround.
MTS2000des
What radios do you own?: XTS2500, XTS5000, and MTS2000

Post by MTS2000des »

Make sure talkaround is disabled on all modes and on the mode switch selection menu, could be the three position switch is "stuck" in talkaround. Since this is an AN revision radio it is over 20 years old and the AN build did not have a "test mode" like BN and subsequent models you have no way of testing the control top using test mode. All indications are your radio is selecting talkaround on all your channels.
The views here are my own and do not represent those of anyone else or the company, the boss, his wife, his dog or distant relatives.
MTS2000des

Post by MTS2000des »

Guess he/she got it figured out.
The views here are my own and do not represent those of anyone else or the company, the boss, his wife, his dog or distant relatives.
Lake Trader
New User

Post by Lake Trader »

Thanks for your suggestions. I solved the problem by cloning from another radio and then entering my info and saving. Still do not know why the original problem occurred but now I transmit on the programmed frequencies.
Jim202

Post by Jim202 »

Lake Trader wrote:Thanks for your suggestions. I solved the problem by cloning from another radio and then entering my info and saving. Still do not know why the original problem occurred but now I transmit on the programmed frequencies.

My bet would be on the VCO going out of lock due to poor tuning of the radio. Cloning may have put the tuning into range and allowed the radio to work. With you not providing any frequency info on where you were trying to operate the radio, this is just pure speculation.

Jim
MTS2000des

Post by MTS2000des »

I think Jim is onto something.
Being that is is an AN version, it is at least a 1993 vintage radio, and chances are it has never been on a service monitor in years.

Even a NOS radio may need tuning, I have an HT1000 UHF "AN" with a June 1993 build date that was a Fed spare I bought off eBay for CHEAP ($12).

It was way off on RX (like 400Hz freq error) and required a complete front end BPF alignment to get it to spec. As components age, so does tuning.

Return to “Radio Programming”