Quantar SC_ROOT error codes

This forum is for discussions regarding all aspects of Motorola radio programming, including hardware, computers, installation and use of RSS/CPS, firmware upgrades, and troubleshooting. There are subforums for discussions of codeplugs, and also for software/firmware release notes and issues.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

bradlington
1 Warning for RSS/CPS Wanted/For Sale/Links

Quantar SC_ROOT error codes

Post by bradlington »

I have a Quantar that was powering up fine on the bench 3 years ago.

Took it to ham repeater site and Station Alarm after rebooting a number of times.

I am looking for the error codes description for:
SC_ROOT 632 SYSTEM RESET 1
SC_SERVICE_DSP_OUTPUT 1267DSP DSP_TIMEOUT

After many resets the Quatar settles on STATION ALARM=RED as well as PA Failure ALARM=RED.

Any ideas-perhaps the station card memory needs re-seating.

I changed out all modules and only card I could not remove was the station card-very tight and has a cut-away for a special tool to assist with removal.

I did not want to force the card as I only have one station controller card.

Thanks

Bradley ZS5BG
Bradley ZS5WT now ZS5BG

bradlington@yahoo.com
bradlington

Re: Quantar SC_ROOT error codes

Post by bradlington »

Went to site today and removed and reseated the controller card-no change.

Any ideas before looking at reloading firmware which I assume has its own risks.

Bradley
Bradley ZS5WT now ZS5BG

bradlington@yahoo.com
bradlington

Post by bradlington »

One thing I failed to mention is I am unable to change the time and date of the station .

It has defaulted to year 1900
Bradley ZS5WT now ZS5BG

bradlington@yahoo.com
kcbooboo
Batboard $upporter

Post by kcbooboo »

Is there a battery inside, or one of those Dallas battery-backed-up RAM modules? Nucleus xmtrs have a battery on the controller board, and the Quantars are similar.

Bob M.
Astro Spectra

Post by Astro Spectra »

It will be the Xicor eeprom on the scm for certain (unless it's an Atmel part, in which case ignore me)
xmo

Post by xmo »

"It will be the Xicor eeprom on the scm for certain (unless it's an Atmel part, in which case ignore me)"
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
X2

Also, there is no battery. The Quantar clock always defaults to 1900 if the station loses power.

If you replace the SCM EEPROM you must do a complete station alignment.
radioactive69

Post by radioactive69 »

I would try re-writing a .cp file back to the station which inturn forces the station to reset. Set the time and date and after this does the station have any fail codes in the reports window or on the light pipes (red)? If you do, it would not hurt to reload the firmware to latest R20.14.048 for the SCM. Sure it requires and re-tune... it wouldn't hurt. Do you know if this was a station working not long ago...or a new station to you?
If those don't work... you really have a bad module. Time to go shopping for a good repair guy or replace it on ebay.
I have not uncovered a error code table in my RSS or CPS programs.
Any one have a copy of the WILDCARD table builders guide?? (not that one in the back of the users manual) Sure could use one.
Doug.
We are in the too much information age...

Return to “Radio Programming”