MTS2000 Stuck on DPL 023

This forum is for discussions regarding all aspects of Motorola radio programming, including hardware, computers, installation and use of RSS/CPS, firmware upgrades, and troubleshooting. There are subforums for discussions of codeplugs, and also for software/firmware release notes and issues.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

Twilighting
New User
What radios do you own?: MTS2000

MTS2000 Stuck on DPL 023

Post by Twilighting »

Hey There,

I've got 9 Model I MTS2000's of various bandsplits and firmware versions which exhibit the same problem - if set to transmit DPL, they'll only send DPL Code 023 despite the correct programming being saved in the radio... if I read the radio back, the correct information is displayed on CPS, however when looking at what's being transmitted on a scanner it's showing up as 023. The receive portion of the radios do take the correct settings defined in CPS. If set transmit PL they'll TX any code available w/ no problems.

Interestingly, I've got a Model II that has taken the correct DPL programming with no issues at all. It was programmed on the same software/hardware that I'm using with the Model I's.

Upon searching, I found that someone else had a similar issue in 2009 that was related to firmware. I'm wondering if since that time anyone else has run into this issue and if there were any thoughts on resolving this... If find it odd that this exact same problem has popped on up with several different batches of radios.

Thanks,
-Griffin
Twilighting
New User
What radios do you own?: MTS2000

Re: MTS2000 Stuck on DPL 023

Post by Twilighting »

Found a solution to this issue, figured I'd share:

I should have noted that this issue applies to direct conventional personalities. When direct frequencies are programmed into CPS via the General Tab (same TX/RX parameters), the Talkaround/Direct Tab is disabled. When programmed with different TX/RX settings, the Talkaround/Direct Tab is enabled, allowing me to re-enter the TX info with the correct DPL. Upon programming the radio and going into Direct/Talkaround Mode, I was able to transmit with the correct DPL.

After this was successful, I went back into CPS and reset the General Tab to back to the same parameters for RX and TX. Sure enough, this disabled the Direct/TA tab again, but the correct settings were retained. Wrote this back to the radio and now I'm able to transmit with the correct DPL regardless of whether or not the radio is in Talkaround or not.

So, just seems like a little CPS quirk. Glad it wasn't something hardware related...

-Griffin

Return to “Radio Programming”