Got this today when i opened up CPS

This forum is for discussions regarding all aspects of Motorola radio programming, including hardware, computers, installation and use of RSS/CPS, firmware upgrades, and troubleshooting. There are subforums for discussions of codeplugs, and also for software/firmware release notes and issues.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

giguchan
1 Warning for RSS/CPS Wanted/For Sale/Links
What radios do you own?: CDM 1550's UHF/VHF HT1550'S

Got this today when i opened up CPS

Post by giguchan »

"Block Universal ID Alias path. Entry Desc size is not 2"

Does anyone have any idea what this means?... I was doing some programming and all of a sudden I get this. It pops up with or without the radio connected. I have other codeplugs saved on the Machine THEY are all fine it's only when I open up the Code plug on the radio I was originally working on. Reboot did not clear the issue either.
Thanks so much.
Radios by Fisher-Price? Never!!!
I use /\/\otorola!!
Cheers
73, de'N2GIG
giguchan

Re: Got this today when i opened up CPS

Post by giguchan »

False Alarm.... all fixed.
I use /\/\otorola!!
Cheers
73, de'N2GIG
Jim202

Post by Jim202 »

giguchan wrote:False Alarm.... all fixed.

So tell the rest of the world what caused your problem. How do you expect the rest of us to learn the problems with Motorola's software.

Jim
giguchan

Post by giguchan »

Hello all,
Quite simply I don't what caused it... but I can tell you what I did to fix it. I just RE started the SW(instead of running it from the CP I already had on the desktop) and after it loaded I RE read the radio saved THE NEW code plug in the same place(same name) as the previous Code plug that gave me the Error message when it complained that there was already a CP with the same name I just told it to save it there anyhow.

So far so good. I have not had many issues with programming and SW so when I saw this I thought"ok it's my turn now" Luckily it was an easy fix.
I use /\/\otorola!!
Cheers
73, de'N2GIG

Return to “Radio Programming”