HT1550 wont let me load a "440xxx"

This forum is for discussions regarding all aspects of Motorola radio programming, including hardware, computers, installation and use of RSS/CPS, firmware upgrades, and troubleshooting. There are subforums for discussions of codeplugs, and also for software/firmware release notes and issues.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

giguchan
1 Warning for RSS/CPS Wanted/For Sale/Links
What radios do you own?: CDM 1550's UHF/VHF HT1550'S

HT1550 wont let me load a "440xxx"

Post by giguchan »

All,
I have a question... I have a 403-470 HT 1550. I am trying to program a 440xxx - it wont let me do it all I get is the "you are not allowed to do that tone"... I already have another freq of 438xxx which seems to work fine.
What am I missing here... is it so Obvious that I over looked something?
Thanks... in advance
Radios by Fisher-Price? Never!!!
I use /\/\otorola!!
Cheers
73, de'N2GIG
SteveC0625
What radios do you own?: CDM's, CP's, CM's, and more

Re: HT1550 wont let me load a "440xxx"

Post by SteveC0625 »

giguchan wrote:All,
I have a question... I have a 403-470 HT 1550. I am trying to program a 440xxx - it wont let me do it all I get is the "you are not allowed to do that tone"... I already have another freq of 438xxx which seems to work fine.
What am I missing here... is it so Obvious that I over looked something?
Thanks... in advance
Are you entering a frequency in a personality or a tone in QC-II call or signaling? (Note bold above that I added.)

If it is a frequency in a personality, is it a valid frequency step? or a known birdie? or other forbidden frequency?
giguchan

Post by giguchan »

Hey Steve,
The Frequency is a normal UHF frequency... I hope it isn't Forbidden 440.725tx and rx 445.725 I am entering this into a normal personality. The Personality has already been created(The former I don't use anymore) I have never had any trouble before with programming. I should have had someone try this on a frequency agile radio to see if maybe I got something backwards.

Thanks for the reply.
I use /\/\otorola!!
Cheers
73, de'N2GIG
giguchan

Post by giguchan »

*update*

I am not sure but the zero key on my CF29 is not functioning properly, for those of you who are familiar with that KB on that LT I had to use the "M" key(with a little blue zero) that is the only way to get this to work.
Not sure why the normal Zero wont work.. The good thing is that I was able to program my radio. The normal zero works in any other capacity... Thanks for the reply.

Go Figger...
I use /\/\otorola!!
Cheers
73, de'N2GIG

Return to “Radio Programming”