Delete Zones in MCS2000

This forum is for discussions regarding all aspects of Motorola radio programming, including hardware, computers, installation and use of RSS/CPS, firmware upgrades, and troubleshooting. There are subforums for discussions of codeplugs, and also for software/firmware release notes and issues.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

Birken Vogt

Delete Zones in MCS2000

Post by Birken Vogt »

I have a major reprogramming project upcoming with these things.

The last and only experience I had with removing zones I had a 6 zone radio in a vehicle. They wanted only the first 4 so I read the radio, deleted the last 2 zones and fixed any errors, so I thought, then wrote the radio. The radio was temporarily bricked. I rewrote it with another 4 zone program I had and it came back to life again. I was sweating for a little while, though.

Is there a documented procedure for removing zones from the programming that will work correctly?
wavetar
Administrator

Re: Delete Zones in MCS2000

Post by wavetar »

Removing zones in an MCS2000 is done just like you describe...you simply delete them. There is nothing "special" that needs to be done. I suspect it was more an issue of a low RIB battery or something to cause the radio to brick. I've reprogrammed hundreds of MCS radios, never an issue with adding/deleting zones, or any other programming changes, for that matter. The RSS is based on the MTSX RSS. If you've done much work with MTS/MTX radios, you'll know nothing special needs to be done with those either for deleting of zones.
No trees were harmed in the posting of this message...however an extraordinarily large number of electrons were horribly inconvenienced.

Welcome to the /\/\achine.
N4KVE
What radios do you own?: APX XTS XTL TRBO 900MHZ

Post by N4KVE »

The problem sometimes happens if there are scan lists for those zones. Whenever I buy a used radio, I have learned the first thing to do is delete the scan lists. Although I've never messed up a radio, the radio just wouldn't program until I deleted the scan lists. GARY
Birken Vogt

Post by Birken Vogt »

Did it again today. We are in the midst of a mass reprog project so I did not have time to troubleshoot. I mistakenly programmed one radio with the codeplug that has the deleted zones and it came up as unprogrammed with the continuous ~400 Hz tone until I got the right codeplug in it.

I will try fooling with the scan list when I get a chance.

Return to “Radio Programming”