APX 6000 - signalling option

This forum is for discussions regarding all aspects of Motorola radio programming, including hardware, computers, installation and use of RSS/CPS, firmware upgrades, and troubleshooting. There are subforums for discussions of codeplugs, and also for software/firmware release notes and issues.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

pfd radio

APX 6000 - signalling option

Post by pfd radio »

I have APX 6000 model 1 radios with the XE remote speaker mic - Analog & MDC1200 signalling. They are being used for fireground communications (simplex channel).

I would like to know if there is a way to program the button on the speaker mic (just below the PTT) to transmit a message.

The incident commander wants to conduct a radio roll call and would like to have some sort of acknowledgement that everyone is okay.

Someone suggested setting the button up as a RAB or RTT - I have no experience with either of these. Any ideas on this would be appreciated.
pfd radio

Re: APX 6000 - signalling option

Post by pfd radio »

Can you set a that button to send a status or message?
resqguy911

Post by resqguy911 »

"TDMA = digital and same great taste, half the bits"
sjxts3000
No Longer Registered

Post by sjxts3000 »

Haven't ever configured this, but I think it can be done. Check out CPS Help for "One Touch" button feature. There's some info there. It requires other parameters to be configured.
pfd radio

Post by pfd radio »

Well I called Motorola support and was told that the model 1.5 cannot send an MDC status or message (It has to be Model 2.5 or 3.5). However I was able to send a repeater access request (RAB1 button). This may do, but it will require some external equipment (cimarron decoder).
pfd radio

Post by pfd radio »

Looked at this. Pretty much used the budget on the radios. Kind of expensive.

Return to “Radio Programming”