XTS3000 CPS Communication Failed

This forum is for discussions regarding all aspects of Motorola radio programming, including hardware, computers, installation and use of RSS/CPS, firmware upgrades, and troubleshooting. There are subforums for discussions of codeplugs, and also for software/firmware release notes and issues.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

RadioDitch
New User

XTS3000 CPS Communication Failed

Post by RadioDitch »

Hey gents, I need some help here.

I purchased a new laptop, running Windows 10, and installed the correct (legally possessed) Sabre/XTS3000 CPS. However I keep getting "Communication With Radio Failed". Kinda stumped since...

-The serial to USB adapter I just bought has the proper drivers installed, and the computer recognized it correctly.
-This ribless cable has worked before without issue on other computers.
-Connections are tight and have good contact.
-Astro25 Portable CPS recognized and attempted to read the radio (tried it as a litmus test for the connection), so the correct Sabre/XTS3000 CPS should too.
-Correct port is selected.
-Running CPS as administrator.

I'm guessing I should try a different Serial to USB adapter? Any help?
Victor Xray

Re: XTS3000 CPS Communication Failed

Post by Victor Xray »

Windows 10 is Not supported for Astro CPS. If you absolutely want to use it regardless of the consequences, then you have to use the 32 bit version, not 64 bit.
Pyrojim
New User

Post by Pyrojim »

I have the same problem on Windows 10. I've tried setting the compatibility to XP and or Vista with no luck. Any other suggestions?
ME801
New User
What radios do you own?: APX8KXE, XTS5K, XTL5K

Post by ME801 »

The only computer's I've been able to get to work with Astro CPS is true 32 bit processors on XP and Win 7, and have a COM port. I have not had any luck with the USB adapters. Other's may have a different experience, but that's been my luck.
pallen444
New User

Post by pallen444 »

i use windows 10 to program all my xts3000 sometimes i have to open device manger and update drivers works fine 32 bit.

Return to “Radio Programming”