APX6500's speaker interferes with VHF CM300

This forum is for discussions regarding all aspects of Motorola radio programming, including hardware, computers, installation and use of RSS/CPS, firmware upgrades, and troubleshooting. There are subforums for discussions of codeplugs, and also for software/firmware release notes and issues.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

turtle9832

APX6500's speaker interferes with VHF CM300

Post by turtle9832 »

I have an APX6500 that is a remote mount dual O5 head 700mhz.

The O5 head is installed in a Tahoe center console next to a UHF PM400 and a VHF CM300. The 05 head's speaker is at the back of the console on the floor pointed up toward the ceiling.

Until recently, the CM300 was rarely if ever used. Now the CM300 is being used more more and more. The issue we are having is when the CM300 is receiving, there is a lot of static and interference when the APX is also active and receiving traffic. When the CM300 is receiving and the APX is not, no static.

I created the same set up on a desktop. Same thing. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance
chartofmaryland
Batboard $upporter
What radios do you own?: Alot

Re: APX6500's speaker interferes with VHF CM300

Post by chartofmaryland »

Its more plausible the O5 control head is causing this condition than the speaker.

Can you provide the frequency for the CM300

Next course I would take is to separate the radios to see how far apart they need to be to clear up the condition and both be rx'ing.

There are known frequency spurs from the controllers for the control heads.

A video of this would be great as well

CoM
If the lights are out when you leave the station and then come on the second you key up, you know you have enough power.
turtle9832

Re: APX6500's speaker interferes with VHF CM300

Post by turtle9832 »

the VHF is mostly receiving on 155.47500.

i will get a video

Thanks!

Return to “Radio Programming”