Motorola Radius GM1200 (M01RFL9CK4DN)

This forum is for discussions regarding all aspects of Motorola radio programming, including hardware, computers, installation and use of RSS/CPS, firmware upgrades, and troubleshooting. There are subforums for discussions of codeplugs, and also for software/firmware release notes and issues.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

Tó Paiva
New User

Motorola Radius GM1200 (M01RFL9CK4DN)

Post by Tó Paiva »

My Radio is a Motorola Radius GM1200 (M01RFL9CK4DN) which is programmed for conventional mode with 10 channels
For this I used the R00.01.00 (EVN4656A) Dealer programming software
During the programming I enabled the monitor that allows to enable the monitoring of the present channel in the conventional mode, in the case of this model I will have to press the button (C) to open the squelch all the way but it will not work.
Someone can tell me what has failed, it will have been bad programming, something that should be enabled or disabled or dealer programming software incorrect, just for information I am using a microphone motorola GMN6146C

Thank's.
AD0JA
What radios do you own?: APX6000, APX7000, Quantar, XPR

Re: Motorola Radius GM1200 (M01RFL9CK4DN)

Post by AD0JA »

I think your GM1200 is very similar to an MCS2000, so here's how the monitor button works on an MCS.

All the monitor button does is switch between tone squelch and carrier squelch.

If you press and hold the monitor button for a second, it should display a squelch adjustment option where you can open up the squelch or tighten it.
Tó Paiva
New User

Post by Tó Paiva »

Hi, thanks ADOJA for your response.
I already did what you said, but nothing happens this function is enabled in the programming software, but nothing happens, in my radio besides the button to up and down the channels, only the button (P) works, that allows switching from the conventional mode to theTrunking mode, something is missing and I cannot understand what, I got the PL function enabled but it not work and I spent a few hours trying to figure out if some function in the programming software has not been left unfinished,
I think something is failing me but I do not know what.
But anyway thank you very much for being available to help me

From Portugal 73's
Tó Paiva
New User

Post by Tó Paiva »

Do the buttons in this model need to be programmed so that the functions will be enabled in conventional mode? Or the accessory connector has to have some short cut in on any of its pins?
I have already thought about using wookie to program it, but I do not know if it will be the right software to do it.
John_Works
New User
What radios do you own?: GM1200, GP300

Post by John_Works »

Tó Paiva wrote: I have already thought about using wookie to program it, but I do not know if it will be the right software to do it.
You can flash your radio into a MC2100. Then you have 250 channels and a lot of other stuff. Your radio is a MC2100 after the flashing, then you can use Wookie to program it and set all features. Unless you flash it you can not program a GM1200 with Wookie. Wookie is the MC2100 field software.
73's from John, DK9JC / N1JJC
Tó Paiva
New User

Post by Tó Paiva »

Thanks for the reply, but I think it will not be possible to flasht this model because is a
Limited Control; Limited Display (8 digits)(Model I) butt i’m not shure.

Return to “Radio Programming”