HT1250 Powering up

This forum is for discussions regarding all aspects of Motorola radio programming, including hardware, computers, installation and use of RSS/CPS, firmware upgrades, and troubleshooting. There are subforums for discussions of codeplugs, and also for software/firmware release notes and issues.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

xxx2fan
What radios do you own?: HT750 Ht1250 CDM1250 CDM1550

HT1250 Powering up

Post by xxx2fan »

I have a HT1250 firmware R05.14.03 Sample codeplug from software. The radio will not power up when you turn it on with the Volume control/ON/OFF switch. It seems dead. I've replace the volume control, bumped the firmware to the above and programed a sample codeplug for the radio and that didn't help. The radio will come on and work perfect if you unclip the battery and reinstall it with the volume control on.With the volume control off the control does nothing until you remove and replace the battery. Have tried an external power suppply same symptons. Just will not come on with the battery in place, but remove the battery and replace it and it comes on stays on until you turn it off with the volume control.
Anyone run into this before, I've searched the board and can not find anything.
Could some one point me in the right direction.
Thanks
2fan
arlojanis

Re: HT1250 Powering up

Post by arlojanis »

I have seen that problem multiple times. I depot or junk the radio. Do not know another solution.
"The world runs on radio."

Return to “Radio Programming”