Problems cloning a SL7550

This forum is for discussions regarding all aspects of Motorola radio programming, including hardware, computers, installation and use of RSS/CPS, firmware upgrades, and troubleshooting. There are subforums for discussions of codeplugs, and also for software/firmware release notes and issues.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

spatzek

Problems cloning a SL7550

Post by spatzek »

Greetings:

I'm programming a SL7550 from a pre-existing cqodeplug. I've edited the Cqodeplug to add my DMR ID Number and since I've changed it am using clone to put it in the radio. Get the usual waring that settings have been changed and tell it to go ahead. The radio gets written to and all seems well, until I check the utility menu and find out the stored ID number has defaulted to 10. Since my number is 3102002 this is a problem. What am I doing wrong?

Paul Spatzek KL7PS
KG4INW
What radios do you own?: Not enough apparently!

Re: Problems cloning a SL7550

Post by KG4INW »

You need to edit the CPS options (either from File or Edit? Going from memory, as many time as I've used the software, I should know better!) to actually clone the ID and not simply ignore what's entered into the text box (thus leaving whatever was currently in the radio). From the window that opens up, check the box to clone IDs.
tdats
What radios do you own?: Mostly Motorola

Post by tdats »

What I usually do in that case, once I have cloned it to the new radio, I then close the codeplug in the software then read the newly cloned radio. Change the ID then write it back to the radio with the normal programming, not cloning.
ve3nsv

Post by ve3nsv »

Under Edit / Preferences / check "Clone Radio Identity".
KG4INW wrote:You need to edit the CPS options (either from File or Edit? Going from memory, as many time as I've used the software, I should know better!) to actually clone the ID and not simply ignore what's entered into the text box (thus leaving whatever was currently in the radio). From the window that opens up, check the box to clone IDs.

Return to “Radio Programming”