Cp200XLS signaling

This forum is for discussions regarding all aspects of Motorola radio programming, including hardware, computers, installation and use of RSS/CPS, firmware upgrades, and troubleshooting. There are subforums for discussions of codeplugs, and also for software/firmware release notes and issues.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

FirstDue05
New User

Cp200XLS signaling

Post by FirstDue05 »

I just received a VHF cp200xls radio from eBay. The thing is basically brand new, even came with the original motorola box. I got into programming and got my departments channels put into it to test them, everything works like a charm. But when I go into cps to put signaling onto the Channels I run into a problem. My department uses DTMF tones to tone our stations out, I have a 1250 that has the board in it but that only has 2 slots for DTMF id’s and I’m looking to have more, I was under the impression that the cp200xls radio does decode DTMF, and in my DTMF sys 1 I have it set up to go,it even has the call type like it has in the QCII system. but when I go into receive signaling the system is not there to select.
The radio is version no. R03.06.02 and I’m using CPS version R05.16. Any help would be appreciated.
SteveC0625
What radios do you own?: CDM's, CP's, CM's, and more

Re: Cp200XLS signaling

Post by SteveC0625 »

FirstDue05 wrote:I just received a VHF cp200xls radio from eBay. The thing is basically brand new, even came with the original motorola box. I got into programming and got my departments channels put into it to test them, everything works like a charm. But when I go into cps to put signaling onto the Channels I run into a problem. My department uses DTMF tones to tone our stations out, I have a 1250 that has the board in it but that only has 2 slots for DTMF id’s and I’m looking to have more, I was under the impression that the cp200xls radio does decode DTMF, and in my DTMF sys 1 I have it set up to go,it even has the call type like it has in the QCII system. but when I go into receive signaling the system is not there to select.
The radio is version no. R03.06.02 and I’m using CPS version R05.16. Any help would be appreciated.
Before you do anything else, in the CPS, top of the screen, click on VIEW and turn on EXPERT mode. That way you can see all that the CPS can do.

Are you wanting to receive and decode DTMF signals or do you want to transmit DTMF codes?
RFguy

Post by RFguy »

It should encode DTMF, but I doubt it will decode DTMF.

the old sales sheets show these signalling features:
Conventional Mode Only - Signaling Features:
- MDC1200 PTT ID (Numeric ID - Encode/Decode)
- MDC1200 Radio Check (Decode)
- MDC1200 Selective Radio Inhibit (Decode)
- MDC1200 Selective Call (Encode/Decode)
- Quik Call II Selective Call (Encode/Decode)
- Quik Call II Call Alert (Encode/Decode)
- DTMF PTT ID (Encode)
- DTMF Selective Call (Encode)
RFguy

Post by RFguy »

Hmm, just looked at an old brochure and it shows this:
• DTMF Signaling Includes:
Selective Call
Call Alert Encode/Decode
Google "R3-4-2032" for a copy of the spec sheet.
ve3nsv

Post by ve3nsv »

Just fired up an archive CP200XLS codeplug and I only show DTMF encode.
SteveC0625

Post by SteveC0625 »

ve3nsv wrote:Just fired up an archive CP200XLS codeplug and I only show DTMF encode.
I have 20 of them active in the field at the moment. We don't use DTMF, but I see both encode and decode capability in the CPS.

Let's find out what the OP needs to do and the see if we can solve his problem.
FirstDue05
New User

Post by FirstDue05 »

SteveC0625 wrote:
ve3nsv wrote:Just fired up an archive CP200XLS codeplug and I only show DTMF encode.
I have 20 of them active in the field at the moment. We don't use DTMF, but I see both encode and decode capability in the CPS.

I have the cps in expert mode, no option for DTMF decode. And I want it set up to when dispatch sends DTMF tones over the air, it’ll go off for the certain set I want it to go off for. It’s a fairly newer unit so I would think it would have the decode in it.
SteveC0625

Post by SteveC0625 »

FirstDue05 wrote:
SteveC0625 wrote:

I have the cps in expert mode, no option for DTMF decode. And I want it set up to when dispatch sends DTMF tones over the air, it’ll go off for the certain set I want it to go off for. It’s a fairly newer unit so I would think it would have the decode in it.
You can't access DTMF under the Call Menu? That's the decode portion. The Signaling Menu is for encode.

Return to “Radio Programming”