Need help with RICK and CM300D radios programming

This forum is for discussions regarding all aspects of Motorola radio programming, including hardware, computers, installation and use of RSS/CPS, firmware upgrades, and troubleshooting. There are subforums for discussions of codeplugs, and also for software/firmware release notes and issues.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

af4e
New User
What radios do you own?: MCS2000,CM300D,MSF5000

Need help with RICK and CM300D radios programming

Post by af4e »

I am trying to replace two bad CDM750's. One is VHF and one is UHF to make a unidirectionl cross band repeater. I have one VHF CM300D and one UHF CM300D radios connected through a RICK. I have programmed both radios the same as the CDM radios as best as I can tell but I cannot get them to pass any audio. They will both key the other radio but no audio will go through either way. I have tried some variables in the programming but still no audio.

Has any one connected two of these radios using a RICK and what could I be doing wrong. I feel sure it is something in the programming that I am missing.

Thanks,
Darrell, AF4E
Bill_G

Re: Need help with RICK and CM300D radios programming

Post by Bill_G »

Theoretically they should be plug and play. But, I haven't worked with them. So, you'll have to scope it out to determine if pin 11 RX AUDIO actually has any audio on it, or if pin 2 TX MIC will actually pass audio.

Found a service manual for the CM series, though not the D version.

https://www.novacommunications.com/imag ... Manual.pdf
af4e
New User
What radios do you own?: MCS2000,CM300D,MSF5000

Re: Need help with RICK and CM300D radios programming

Post by af4e »

Thanks Bill,

I will look through the service manual but I really think that I do not have something programmed correctly in the CPS. The MotoTrbo CPS is somewhat different from the CPS for the CDM mobiles. Some of the terminology is totally different.

I currently have two 1225 mobiles in place temporarily and they were Plug and Play.

I thought the CM300D was going to be Plug and Play but it has proven me wrong.

Thanks,
Darrell, AF4E

Return to “Radio Programming”