What exactly do I need?

This forum is for discussions regarding all aspects of Motorola radio programming, including hardware, computers, installation and use of RSS/CPS, firmware upgrades, and troubleshooting. There are subforums for discussions of codeplugs, and also for software/firmware release notes and issues.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

Nelixuk2003
New User
What radios do you own?: GP680

What exactly do I need?

Post by Nelixuk2003 »

Hi All

I want to undertake the task of downgrading some GP680's to GP380's.

I have read the introduction page relating to the RIB along with the schematic information and parts list but there are still a few questions that I have.

Which is best between the RLN4008B RIB and the Universal Programming Interface to flash with new firmware or will I have to buy a genuine Motorola RIB?

The version numbers of the radios that I have are R02.06.04, R02.07.05 and R02.09.01, Which version of CPS will I need to source in order to use a single version for all the radios? assuming that only one version will do them all (I'm not asking for a copy from anyone).

Am I correct in thinking that I will need a different version of CPS once the downgrade to 380's is complete? if so, which version would that?

I think that is all the questions that I have...... for the moment, I'm sure more will crop up!

Return to “Radio Programming”