Help Ht 1250 quickcall programming issue

This forum is for discussions regarding all aspects of Motorola radio programming, including hardware, computers, installation and use of RSS/CPS, firmware upgrades, and troubleshooting. There are subforums for discussions of codeplugs, and also for software/firmware release notes and issues.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

firefighter6508
New User

Help Ht 1250 quickcall programming issue

Post by firefighter6508 »

Ok, so I'm gonna throw this out there my brain is mush. I have been trying to program some Ht 1250 . The issue I am having is on the page channel it's either broken and hear all traffic or closed and will only alert and keep alerting . I have searched for an option to turn the alert to 1 time but cannot find. I also have tried so many different things i am nutz at this point any help greatly appreciated!! :(
Andy2712
What radios do you own?: XTS2500 m3 VHF

Re: Help Ht 1250 quickcall programming issue

Post by Andy2712 »

Do you have it set for call alert or select call?
SteveC0625
What radios do you own?: CDM's, CP's, CM's, and more

Re: Help Ht 1250 quickcall programming issue

Post by SteveC0625 »

firefighter6508 wrote:Ok, so I'm gonna throw this out there my brain is mush. I have been trying to program some Ht 1250 . The issue I am having is on the page channel it's either broken and hear all traffic or closed and will only alert and keep alerting . I have searched for an option to turn the alert to 1 time but cannot find. I also have tried so many different things i am nutz at this point any help greatly appreciated!! :(
QUIK CALL II DECODING
Signaling ► Quik-Call II System ► Add or create a QCII system
Basic Tab: Call Format should match the tones of your system
Call Alert/Sel Call Tab ► Call Alert Type: Call Alert w/Voice
Call Alert/Sel Call Tab ► Call Alert LED: Optional
Call Alert/Sel Call Tab ► Alert Tone Auto Reset: Unchecked
Call Alert/Sel Call Tab ► Call Alert LED:
Auto Reset Timer Type to be Auto w/Carrier Override
Individual ID Tones Tab ► Enter your desired tones

Signaling ► Signaling Configuration ► Call Tone Tag Tab ► Sel Call Tone Tag – Here you can optionally change the alert tone that the radio sounds when a Selective Call is received.

Signaling ► Signaling Configuration ► Call Tone Tag Tab ► To be Disabled

Conventional Personality ► Select the personality for QCII ► Signaling Tab ► RX Signaling – use dropdown to select the desired QCII system
For Signaling Squelch choose "And" for the radio to always be silent unless an alert is received matching the QCII setup.
For Signaling Squelch choose "Or" for the radio to monitor all radio traffic and alert when a call is received matching the QCII setup.

Controls & Menus ► Programmable Buttons ► Be sure to define one of the programmable buttons short press to be Monitor. Pressing Monitor after an alert will return the radio to silent alert mode just like the reset button on a pager.

NOTE: If you want to use the radio like a pager (silent until alerted), create an additional Rx only personality for your QC-II, use the "AND" squelch. Plan to jump to your regular channel to transmit and/or receive. Do not include this channel on your scan lists and don’t set it up to scan or auto scan as scan will interfere with the radio hearing and decoding the tones.

Return to “Radio Programming”