Users may not create topics, posts, or private messages containing or relating to the following material (especially pertaining to Motorola copyrighted software, unless you want Motorola to come along and shut this site down):

  • Listing for sale or trade of, or links to sites offering for sale or trade of, or giving away, Radio
    Service Software (RSS) or Customer Programming Software (CPS)
  • Profanity, pornography, defamation, or slanderous remarks directed towards any individual or entity
  • Commercial advertising (except in the Batboard Vendors forum, as approved by the Admin/Mod Staff)
  • Any other items which may be deemed as offensive

If any topics, posts, or private messages containing or relating to the aforementioned material are brought to the attention of the Admin/Mod Staff, they will be deleted.

Additional FAQ items appear here in Forum Rules. Please review them for posting guidelines and further clarification.

APX Radio Management problems

This forum is for discussions regarding all aspects of Motorola radio programming, including hardware, computers, installation and use of RSS/CPS, firmware upgrades, and troubleshooting. There are subforums for discussions of codeplugs, and also for software/firmware release notes and issues.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

User avatar
IMBEJames
Posts: 132
Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2005 5:05 pm

APX Radio Management problems

Postby IMBEJames » Mon Aug 19, 2019 6:05 am

Hey guys, I'm wondering if anyone else has experienced this problem and found a solution yet...

I installed the latest APX RM Suite, added a radio and tested everything. No problems. As soon as I imported a backed up database from the machine I was replacing, I could auto-read a radio, but could not complete a scheduled read or write via USB, and OTAP stopped working for read AND write. I know that the IV&D side is fine because we still have other RM computers on the system with no issues.

When I schedule a write job, the job is processed but stops prior to writing, and the status shows "waiting for device." Thing is, I can still read and write with CPS on the same machine via USB and POP25, so it's something specific to RM.

I've tried deleting everything from the database, importing a new database, unsintalling/reinstalling the entire suite... No luck.

Thanks!
-jamie
James Eslinger

York, Maine

Return to “Radio Programming”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest