Astro 25: Can't Move Records

This forum is for discussions regarding all aspects of Motorola radio programming, including hardware, computers, installation and use of RSS/CPS, firmware upgrades, and troubleshooting. There are subforums for discussions of codeplugs, and also for software/firmware release notes and issues.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

Tony.RI
What radios do you own?: HT1k, MT2K, Saber 3, XTS3k

Astro 25: Can't Move Records

Post by Tony.RI »

Howdy folks; did a search and can't seem to find this issue. I am unable to reorder/insert records on both of my XTS 2500 Model III's with Astro 25 Portable CPS R20.01.00. It appears to be completely grayed out all the time for my Model III's. However, it is not grayed out for my Model 1 XTS 2500 codeplug. I'm just hoping to reorder the zones and channel assignments. Just wondering if anyone else has had this issue before and if there is a solution.
NHfirefighter

Re: Astro 25: Can't Move Records

Post by NHfirefighter »

Do you have FPP enabled? I believe that prohibits some functions with regard to channel/personality movement.
Tony.RI
What radios do you own?: HT1k, MT2K, Saber 3, XTS3k

Post by Tony.RI »

NHfirefighter wrote:
Thu Aug 20, 2020 9:33 am
Do you have FPP enabled? I believe that prohibits some functions with regard to channel/personality movement.
Correct, on both radios Q52 and Q53 is enabled. Yup, my helpfile actually works on my XP system so I checked; looks like that's the case... Uhg... Oh well!
C17LVFD

Post by C17LVFD »

Try making one zone dedicated to fpp with conv personalities 1-16... with this zones channels 1-16 linked accordingly.

Create personality 17 for non Astro for example and link the rest of the channels to only the additional personalities you need... all other zones should not have fpp enabled.

Then open channel pick list. Export all channels into the pick list and then you can re-import them in the order you choose. All channels should be set with the correct personality before importing.

FPP is a pita on these but there are some work arounds.

Being able to do this may also depend on what firmware you’re running.

Hope this helps.
Seth
Seth
C17LVFD

Post by C17LVFD »

Try making one zone dedicated to fpp with conv personalities 1-16... with this zones channels 1-16 linked accordingly.

Create personality 17 for non Astro for example and link the rest of the channels to only the additional personalities you need... all other zones should not have fpp enabled.

Delete all other zones and personalities above the number you need. Most I see are generally not more than 25 personalities. This exponentially helps make the programming faster.

Then open channel pick list. Export all channels you want to reorder into the pick list and then you can re-import them in the order you choose. All channels should be set with the correct personality before importing.

FPP is a pita on these but there are some work arounds.

Being able to do this may also depend on what firmware you’re running.

Hope this helps.
Seth
Seth

Return to “Radio Programming”