CANNOT RE-INSTALL CPS R01.10.00

This forum is for discussions regarding all aspects of Motorola radio programming, including hardware, computers, installation and use of RSS/CPS, firmware upgrades, and troubleshooting. There are subforums for discussions of codeplugs, and also for software/firmware release notes and issues.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

LLS207

CANNOT RE-INSTALL CPS R01.10.00

Post by LLS207 »

1/01/06
Sunday
4:00pm PST

Hello Group & Happy New Year:

I had CPS R01.00.10 in my desktop with Windows XP Professional. Everything was fine for month. I then decided to uninstall it. When I again went to install it, I got an error message saying that I have not completely uninstalled the program. I did a search using R01.10.00b and Motorola and found nothing.
Does anyone have any ideas how I can reinstall CPS R01.10.00.

Thank you,

LLS207
Portland, Oregon
wavetar
Administrator

Post by wavetar »

How did you uninstall it? Did you use the add/remove programs, or did you just delete the CPS folder?
No trees were harmed in the posting of this message...however an extraordinarily large number of electrons were horribly inconvenienced.

Welcome to the /\/\achine.
RFguy

Post by RFguy »

Had the same problem.
Motorola sent me a proceedure that involved a registry edit to fix.
I will try to find it and post.
HLA
What radios do you own?: HT1550's, X9000's, CDM1550's

Post by HLA »

sounds like you didn't uninstall it, you just deleted it. you might have to go into the registry and delete the entries for that program. or do a system restore back to when it was working.
HLA
I never check PM's so don't bother, just email me.
I won't reply to a hotmail, gmail, aol or any other generic free address, if you want me to reply use a real address.
STOP ASKING ME FOR SOFTWARE OR FIRMWARE, I JUST FORWARD ALL OF THE REQUESTS TO THE MODERATORS

Return to “Radio Programming”