HT1000 Question

This forum is for discussions regarding all aspects of Motorola radio programming, including hardware, computers, installation and use of RSS/CPS, firmware upgrades, and troubleshooting. There are subforums for discussions of codeplugs, and also for software/firmware release notes and issues.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

john1545

HT1000 Question

Post by john1545 »

One of the mobile radios in one of the trucks I work with has an alert tone before you start talking (you key the mic, it beeps then you can talk). I'm wondering if this can be programmed with the HT1000 portable radio, we're going to a repeater system soon so I think it might be helpful, but regardless I'd like to know more about it anyways. Thanks!
RKG

Post by RKG »

That tone is most like the "sidetone" option when an MDC1200 PTT-ID feature is selected. Its function is to prevent you from talking while the radio is sending its ID, so that you're initial words are not clipped. HT1000s will do MDC PTT-ID and sidetone is an option.

Note that the MDC ID has no useful function unless you are operating through a console-based system that has an MDC reading function.
john1545

Post by john1545 »

We're actually transferring to the ID system in a few months. Could you please explain how I actually program this in the RSS?
AEC
No Longer Registered

Post by AEC »

To select from the options, you need to be in the signalling menu, there you will see a list.....
MDC-1200
QC-II

And so on...the sidetone on MDC is an audible alert on MDC on PTT, not PTT release(post).

There is no sidetone for post signalling, you can manually change the settings here.

MDC-ID

Variable ID

Enable sidetone....

MDC ID number.....IE. 615243, or 012345, or 001234, or whatever you require.

You can not use alpha and numerics, it's numeric only....

There is also a pretime delay you can set, this controls the length of the sound you hear on keyup.

Long tone, then short ___________ __

You should be able to select the action of the ID, using either PRE, BOTH, AFTER or NONE.

PRE is the only selection with the sidetone, all others do not use it.

But all the options you need for this can be found in the signalling options menu of your RSS.
radiotechno1

Post by radiotechno1 »

I was looking to do the same with my MTX9000

I followed your instructions and found the "Signalling" option in my Conventional personality and its is set for "None" I tried changing it but it does not allow me to change it. Does this mean my radio is not capable of Adding the MDC ID or is there something else I have to do first to allow this option to be accessable?

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated...

Thanks
kb3jkp
Banned

Post by kb3jkp »

dont forget.. HT1K supports G*star too ;)

Return to “Radio Programming”