MTS2000 CPS HELP

This forum is for discussions regarding all aspects of Motorola radio programming, including hardware, computers, installation and use of RSS/CPS, firmware upgrades, and troubleshooting. There are subforums for discussions of codeplugs, and also for software/firmware release notes and issues.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

mmckenna
What radios do you own?: AM/FM with 8 track.

MTS2000 CPS HELP

Post by mmckenna »

HELP!

I have the Motorola MTS2000 CPS R01.10.00 RVN4176M

I am trying to program my own UHF MTS, and I am having some issues with the Channel Text entry. When I pull up the archived code plug for this radio, the CPS shows all 6 characters I have put in. If I try to change the text, it erases the last 4 characters, and only allows me to put in 2 characters. I have the Channel Text Size set to 6. The zone text size is at None.

If I read from the radio, it does the same thing. It will show all 6 text characters, but if I try and change them, it erases the last 4, and only allows me to put in 2 characters.

The CPS will allow me to change everything else in the radio without any problems at all.

This is official, straight from Motorola licensed software. Official Moto RIB and Cable.

What the heck am I doing wrong?
"The nice thing about standards is that there are so many to choose from."
wavetar
Administrator

Post by wavetar »

Hmmm. There aren't any settings in the CPS which would cause that, to my recollection. It sounds more like some sort of incompatibility with your computer more than anything else. For instance, the Astro CPS readme states this:

Known Issues:
-------------
1) Compatibility issues have been seen with Canon Photo Software and
Acterna Software in which only 3 characters can be entered into fields
on tables. The incompatible software must be removed and the CPS must be
uninstalled and re-installed.

Now, I know you're using MTS CPS, not Astro, but there could be an unknown conflict going on. I'd recommend trying the CPS on a different computer to see what happens.

Todd
No trees were harmed in the posting of this message...however an extraordinarily large number of electrons were horribly inconvenienced.

Welcome to the /\/\achine.
mmckenna

Post by mmckenna »

Wavetar,

Thanks for the reply.

I just reloaded the latest CPS I have and am going to give that a try. If that does not work, I'll start searching for programs that I have added and try pulling them out one by one.

I hate computers.....
mmckenna

Post by mmckenna »

Yep, that was it. I don't know what program was causing the above mentioned malfunction, but I moved it over to a fairly empty computer and it works just fine.

Again, I hate computers...

Thanks for the help.

Return to “Radio Programming”