SPECTRA 800 MHzPRIVACY PLUS TO TYPE II TRUNKING MODIFICATION

This forum is for discussions regarding all aspects of Motorola radio programming, including hardware, computers, installation and use of RSS/CPS, firmware upgrades, and troubleshooting. There are subforums for discussions of codeplugs, and also for software/firmware release notes and issues.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

icom98
What radios do you own?: Just About Everything

SPECTRA 800 MHzPRIVACY PLUS TO TYPE II TRUNKING MODIFICATION

Post by icom98 »

Is there a way to take my "B" model and convert for type II use. Receive only required to work.

Thanks in advance.

icom98
jwb8734
What radios do you own?: To many Motorola and Vertex

Post by jwb8734 »

I know in my GTX Mobile it was a PP and I just put the control channels in and it work fine for me. It would also depend on how my CC you had. Luckly the system I listened to only used 4 max.
icom98

Post by icom98 »

My goal is to monitor just two subfleets. With the parameter setting between type I and type II being so different I don't see how I can achive my objective. In a fleetwide type of monitoring plan I believe your idea would work for me also.

Regards,
icom98
Someday We'll Look Back On This And It Will All Seem Funny.
From Rosilitia, Sung By Bruce Springsteen, CIRCA 1973
RKG

Post by RKG »

I have never seen a B-Model Spectra that won't do Type II (provided you have the SysKey to change the "System" parameters). What they won't do is the full SmartNet feature set (such as priority scan).

Set the "System" to "II/IIi" and then the "Personality" to "II" and it should then take you hex TG IDs directly.
icom98

Post by icom98 »

RKG,

Good advise.

Was able to accomplish the changes required to make a privacy plus radio monitor type II.

Thanks,
icom98 :D
bellersley
No Longer Registered

Post by bellersley »

You can easily bitbang a PP spectra to do Smartnet features. I have what was a B5 Spectra, it is now a C7. It has a full feature set for smartnet (patching support, emergency, etc).

I know someone else who started with a VHF A5 and now has a VHF C4. The information is all on batlabs.

Return to “Radio Programming”