Current Version CPS On Floppy Disks - Why Would They Do It ?

This forum is for discussions regarding all aspects of Motorola radio programming, including hardware, computers, installation and use of RSS/CPS, firmware upgrades, and troubleshooting. There are subforums for discussions of codeplugs, and also for software/firmware release notes and issues.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

mrtor
What radios do you own?: Analogue, Digital x lots

Current Version CPS On Floppy Disks - Why Would They Do It ?

Post by mrtor »

Afternoon All from Sunny Melbourne, Australia
I have the ridiculous situation of ordering CPS for the Australian GP338+ portables. Only 1 order code and they supply it on 4 floppy disks.

Spoke to my dealer, not available on CD was the reply. Stupid rule, every other piece of CPS I have purchased (and that's a lot) has come on CD/

Guess what /\/\, most modern laptops don't even come with a floppy drive anymore. Why release a current tier radio CPS on floppy disks for goodness sake [rant mode now off... sorry]

I thought I would be clever and make 4 seperate directories copy each disk into it's own directory on another machine and then txfr those 4 directories into a USB flash drive. Don't work, starts the first install from directory 1 then craps out.

Am I stuffed here ?

Thanks in advance
Unhappy - Mrtor
Melbourne, Australia
Bruce1807

Post by Bruce1807 »

G'day Mrtor,

Been there done that.
The disk id file is the one that causes trouble.
Your path is keeps changing.
Install the first part, then while it waits for disk 2 copy the second part into the same directory and so forth.
I've done it with varios programs.
I use a /\/\ ML900 for all my programming and it doesn't have a floppy either.
Hows Melbourne these days.
I was born and raised south of the Yarra, but haven't lived in Oz for a long time now.

Bruce

Return to “Radio Programming”