High power spectra keyloading Q

This forum is for discussions regarding all aspects of Motorola radio programming, including hardware, computers, installation and use of RSS/CPS, firmware upgrades, and troubleshooting. There are subforums for discussions of codeplugs, and also for software/firmware release notes and issues.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

Rick Rock

High power spectra keyloading Q

Post by Rick Rock »

OK, I know it's been covered before, but a search didn't find it, so anyway...

I have 3 T83GXA7HA9AK drawer units that have NO keyloading plug in it, so how the **** are you supposed to keyload an A9 spectra with no plug? (Short of putting the HLN6000 in another spectra and loading it, then switching it back.)
The Batlounge admin
http://www.batlounge.us
kc7gr
What radios do you own?: Motorola, Icom, Sunair (HF).

Re: High power spectra keyloading Q

Post by kc7gr »

Rick Rock wrote:OK, I know it's been covered before, but a search didn't find it, so anyway...

I have 3 T83GXA7HA9AK drawer units that have NO keyloading plug in it, so how the **** are you supposed to keyload an A9 spectra with no plug? (Short of putting the HLN6000 in another spectra and loading it, then switching it back.)
I've researched this, briefly, with an eye towards modding my own radio. The major requirement is that an inexpensive header connector, and a somewhat pricey gasket assembly, be added to the interconnect board.

The gasket would be 32-80206R02.

The connector header is 28-80068M01.

It may prove necessary to add some protective diodes or other cheap components as well. Check the Spectra detailed service manual.

Happy tweaking.

(EDITED by author, 12-May-06, to remove exposed dealer pricing).
Last edited by kc7gr on Fri May 12, 2006 7:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bruce Lane, KC7GR
"Raf tras spintern. Raf tras spoit."
mancow
Batboard $upporter

Post by mancow »

Those are the SIU Government decks. I have one too. They are meant for the external ASN box. You probably know all this already but I thought I would mention it if you didn't know why the port wasn't there.

I ended up using an ASN box from a dual SIU setup. It has the two plugs and is meant to go between the deck and the SIU box. As long as the ASN is programmed as a "normal" not "aux" or "main" it will work. I found that you can just plug the proper end into the middle programming port and program the deck for external ASN. It will work just fine and you can just roll up the extra plug and leave it unconnected.
Hartley
Batboard $upporter

Spectra HP Keyload

Post by Hartley »

Hi Rick,

Another possibility would be to bring the 3 keyload leads out to a couple unused pins on the center DB-25 and make yourself a "special" keyload cable..:-)

73 DE Hartley
Rick Rock

Post by Rick Rock »

Does anyone have a keyoadable unit that they would be willing to get the part# off of for this? They are easily removed from the bottom side of the unit once the base tray is out of the way... Then I only have to hope MOL still recognizes the part#!
The Batlounge admin
http://www.batlounge.us
jmr061
was KB9KST

Post by jmr061 »

From one of my for sale posts:

5 - HLN6486 Hi power interconnect boards : $50 each

These are for the astro spectra BUT I have confirmed they also work in the analog spectra.

Jason

Return to “Radio Programming”